My July 2020 Grow

I’m thinking about vegging 3-4 more weeks if it can get taller. It’s about at 10 inches or so right now. I’m debating to move the light higher to force it to stretch but need to make a quick frame sometime the next few days for the light.

In the center of this container, I think there’s enough blood and bone meal when I mixed up the soil. I got some Cal-Mag last week which helped perk it up so I’m watering once a week with that with the recommended size on the container. I’m probably going to mix some earthworm castings and more blood meal or a higher source of nitrogen than blood meal to top dress with some low PK in anticipation of increasing PK during flowering.

2 Likes

Started 18/6 last night. I’m going to let that run for a bit to see if she grows taller.
If nothing after a few weeks maybe 3 at the most, I’ll start 12/12.

I was looking at some better genetics last night.

18/6 is doing great.

I’m getting some last minute training in. I’m trying to expand the canopy as much as possible for best light penetration and just amazed about how quickly she responds to training. My light comes on 6 AM, I’ll set the training at 8 AM and by noon you can see changes. By 3 - 5 PM it’s almost adjusted. 10 - 11 PM before the light cuts off, she’s completely made the change I wanted.

The weather changed and oh man no more constant A/C all the time anymore. I cannot wait to see the electricity bill this month because my bill went up a little bit since I started mainly due to the A/C usage not really the light other than I should had done 18/6 after 4-6 weeks which I’ll do next run.

I got 5lbs of “Down To Earth” brand 4-4-4 which I topdressed about 10 days ago. It was branded as for vegetable gardens so that made me feel comfortable buying and using it. The product has a slight “ocean” smell to it, probably the kelp, but it’s not that bad and spices up the old house smell. The growth has improved tremendously with something as innocent seeming as 4-4-4 (pro tip: don’t overdo it with nutrients). I’m doing weekly waterings with Cal-Mag as recommended by the directions.

In the past I’d get crazy with adding things which often resulted in a discolored plant. This one has been absolutely perfect except the delay in growth from overwatering and the transplant incident. Once you get coconut coir dialed in, it’s so simple. Now I’m getting height and more leaves like I want while pulling off the stuff I don’t need on the lower branches so everything is focused up at the top. I plan on cutting some clones to experiment with in a few weeks.

FYI - lights got 30-40% cheaper in a few places the past 2 weeks so grab lights while you can, I think the light companies need the sales with this being probably a slow year. I plan on grabbing another similar light for the mother/clone area idea then maybe that second stimulus check hits this month for me to get my big 300-400 watt maybe as high as 500-600 watt flowering light I want but also the better genetics.

I topped all 6 main bud areas over the weekend also so you can see all that new growth coming in. I’m ordering a gallon sprayer so I can spray the top soil to saturate it versus just lightly pouring water on it to get it moist then pouring the rest so I know it soaks in.

3 Likes

Covering the top of my pots seemed to have solved my knat problem. Then I put them in a larger container so I can bottom water them.

2 Likes

2 Likes

AGAIN NOT A GNAT PROBLEM - A PROBLEM WITH DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER "COMMON FRUIT FLY"

Please stop mentioning this on my post. I can’t understand how multiple people have failed to distinguish two species of flying insect that are completely different, act completely different and obviously from my explanation shows that its drosophilia melanogaster.

Does the growing community seriously have a problem understanding gnat vs fruit fly when they offer advice on people’s grow diaries?

Or am I the only person who gets such unhelpful advice on a post?

I think that the difference is clear. Not sure if you need separate topic…

I only see two references to gnats in your topic and these are from June and August. So no need to spill this topic over into another separate one…

Three references, all not initiated by me and just dropped as drive-by karma whoring unhelpful advice. Should I tag usernames?

So somebody in August misinterpreted this topic and exchanged gnats for fruit flies… (“karma whoring” seem like the term from long forgotten past… definitely not a problem on today’s OG)

Is it still something that needs to be addresses 5 weeks later? Do we need whole new topic about it?

I think that the difference between those two insects is clear to everyone growing…

The only problem is that sometimes people don’t read whole thread and reply to one of the first posts without reading to the end… I don’t know how this can make you upset…

Yes, posting rap lyrics is exactly indicative of a new OG when in the past this wouldn’t had been allowed at all. One person was corrected but yet, two other people still can’t read or can’t comprehend for whatever reason that it was corrected. So I’m going to expect “helpful” comments every 2 months (June, August, October) about gnats when any retard obviously knows the difference between gnats and fruit flies?

It’s sad that you only see two references when there’s an October post right in your face. I see somebody got lazy and used the search command not realizing the guy misspelled gnat.

Yes, I’ve used full text search because you were so lazy and didn’t quote the relevant parts and instead created new topic… :thinking:

Seems like you are only looking for an argument… Closing this topic…