My place for preservation seed runs 2022-24

Yes I slant to have the tap root grow straight down. It is cold here now so I can’t hang them on any vertical surface. This is my compromise

:green_heart: :seedling:.

16 Likes

Hanging out to check it out.
Good luck!
May your seeds be prosperous! Lol

4 Likes

Interesting concept. Have you noticed that they follow your guidance? Or are they unruly childen?

Never thought about which direction the taproots go cause I pluck em outta my JP2000 worm castings tray, and when they are planted is when I begin guiding them…

Always learning something new!

6 Likes

Wow!! Really nice @G-paS !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: :hugs:
Right on!!! :sunglasses: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

SRO Oh well that’s what happens when you show up late. Always enjoy a good show with an adult beverage and smoke hope ya don’t mind

3 Likes

Hmm I have snow lotus but don’t much about it this may give me an idea stoked to follow along can’t wait to see

4 Likes

Great job @G-paS! Love the wham towel method!

2 Likes

You got this @G-paS!
Fast and steady wins the race!

2 Likes

I took photos this afternoon of the seeds in their towel Nine had tails. Six went into the RR. Four went in to bags. Yes that adds up to ten. I must has messed up and not put one in a rooter or bag. I still have 2 without roots. Or there were 12 and I counted wrong.

:green_heart: :seedling:

This is the only photo that didn’t get lost’

26 Likes

I have faith!! :popcorn::popcorn:

3 Likes

Pulling up a seat for this!

2 Likes

Good luck and positive vibes @G-paS!

1 Like

Just a few photos.
The seed are in RR’s and bags. Trying to see which work better

Put to bed on the heat pad and covered with a dome.

The two seeds that didn’t sprout are in the bag

23 Likes

Looks like a fun experiment… I never had luck with RRs myself, curious to see your results…

3 Likes

Update at 12 hours after: HELP they are coming up with helmets. Is there anything I can do at this point. I have only had this happen once and it was when I put them in peat pucks.

27 Likes

Watching this one

1 Like

Misting them periodically can help them shed the hulls, that or higher humidity. Sometimes surgery is required with tweezers.

9 Likes

Mist those helmets or put drops of water on them.

6 Likes

I agree w the above about misting, also if you can find a pair of channel-locking pliers. I find this to be my favorite tool for surgery. You dial the tension till it’s just enough to crack and it won’t let you crush it.

14 Likes

I mist em / put a drop on em, let em soak 15 mins then try to tease the helmet off with a toothpick. Letting em soak helps soften the helmet / membrane and makes it easier to remove.

10 Likes