🌿 Nature Essence [SBG] Grow Challenge (Anything goes!)

Very nice of you guys. Watching the fun. :relaxed: :popcorn: :popcorn:

1 Like

Got some vertical movement.

10 Likes

If “pot brownies” weren’t already a thing…

5 Likes

I’ve normally grabbed a fist full of it and put it in the mix of my soil and Perlite. I was going to do the same here, with the Coco, but stoner me forgot about it when I was doing up the mix.

Now that you mention it, kinda does look like brownies!

3 Likes

Got some helmets here. I started 12 hours behind you and feel so far keeping that pace.

Add images

8 Likes

REEEEEEEEE

I put the seedlings infront of the camera in the veg tent, anyone can see it in the stream now.

Doing something…

DIY OctoGrid, 8 of them costs almost 300$ on the site, can make 4 for 30$.

13 Likes

You add an air stone to the bottoms of those? I’m 100% stagnant right now and planted well before you guys. Didn’t have on any heat source at first and pods were cold to the touch, been on a heat mat for a day or so now and still no movement. Removed the bag in case it was too humid, was using it to trap heat at first

4 Likes

nothing, no stones, no pumps, just water in a tank.

Ready for transplant

Mixing up first feed.

Transplanted and fed. Now to watch the rez for water level.

7 Likes

Is this from Our start or I thought you dropped some earlier?

1 Like

He started some beans the same day we did.

clones need humidity, seedlings dont. I used the hood on mine to keep the plugs from drying out too fast.

2 Likes

Well I’m on vacation for 5 days now, things are very unimpressive on my end right now anyways, still no movement with my jiffy pods. Not sure what’s going on at this point, I’ve let em slightly dry out, kept em wet, they’re on a heat mat now.

Thinking jiffy pods just aren’t for me and honestly pretty butthurt over it and would prefer not to think about wasting 2 seeds I value more than gold, we’ll see in 5 days when I get home.

1 Like

Dude… check out @JohnnyPotseed 's sprouting method. Worm castings. Simple and I will never go back to my old ways… it’s crazy effective…

4 Likes

I’ve seen it and it does look cool but I don’t have any room for almost anything right now lol, had to move stuff on a shelf just to use my heat mat.

I normally never have problems starting seeds but decided to try some new things out of the blue instead of my tried and true methods and they didn’t turn out

1 Like

Give it time, they will pop.

1 Like

Mine took off today. So in the cup they go.

12 Likes

I never had many problems either, but that old dog taught this old dog new tricks. Lol… so much easier to see progress and tails too… I got these little 4x6 trays with domes, tiny heat mat or, on top of a router lol, bet that would work well… having space for the 1020 tray here, well I’ll take advantage of the space… but I never had much luck with jiffy pots myself… get some 1/2" to 3/4" tails and into a seed starting mix for me…

4 Likes

Where did you get the trays and mat?
:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

looks like we’re neck and neck

1 Like

The trays came from Amazon:

Amazon.com : 10-Pack Seed Starter Trays Seedling Tray (12 Cells per Tray) Humidity Adjustable Plant Starter Kit with Dome and Base Greenhouse Grow Trays for Seeds Growing Starting : Garden & Outdoor

Worked awesome for the veggie garden seeds. For my @JohnnyPotseed seed starter I used a standard 1020 tray / dome and a vivosun 1020 heat mat I had for the veggies anyway. Used to meticulously label and keep track of veggies in 1020 trays, now they just get their own tray. High domes with humidity vents too (well for their size, they aren’t super tall)

Dunno of any heat mats that are that small, but one of the small trays (7" x 5.5") would easily sit on top of a router / modem. Maybe even PC. I’ve used the router to keep bags / wet towels warm…

My heat mat is a 1020 size, you could fit like 6 or 7 of those “small trays” on my mat, o one standard 1020 tray

3 Likes

this has me excited to pop my sugar rays on the weekend! was wating for the euteria to come in and do both but im impatient lol

1 Like