***No Till Or Die Trying (3x3 and 2x4 living soil beds)***

she’s a bit finicky and i think she leans to the f13 side more than a11. i have never gotten her to not have at least a few fan leaves clawing.

2 Likes

Aah ok, I was not sure if it was something on my end or what heh :+1:

2 Likes

3x3 bed update

I am starting to give the bed the water it needs (getting over the gnat trauma lol), so I can get things back on pace hopefully. I hit them with a little SST and some other goodies.

I will start some more aggressive training on the tallest plants and hope everything else can catch up so I can flip to flower soon’ish.

2x4 bed update

I sucked it up and started reamending the bed. I worked in some rice hulls, compost (NOT the same infested stuff…lol…), worm castings and craft blend. I decided to toss the cover crop on right away and see how it does. The plan is to let the cover crop sprout up a bit, decide what the hell I am going to put in there so I can toss them in and then top the bed with a little ground up malted barley and kashi blend, then add some barley stray. Then of course hope the gnats stay away or at least keep them at a manageable level this time.

14 Likes

Maybe dig a little hole in the middle to pour water, so only that part of the topsoil gets wet, the fungi will spread it to where it is needed anyway.

Or jam a plastic bottle with the bottom cut off in there, then you can keep the lid on and see what happens inside, only taking the lid off for watering.

Certainly don’t mist water over the entire soil, that’s exactly what gnats love, a nice refreshing shower! :smile:

2 Likes

An empty canvas is always fun! Everything looking good to me bro!
Front left is quite the bush eh? You going to shave her legs?

2 Likes

@Rogue I just need to get thing going a little since everything was so dry. I do like the idea of utilizing a watering tube for some applications.

@BeagleZ Ya she needs a little work. I had just been letting everything do what they wanted as they all tried to recover and sink in a bit, they are behind sadly, but some are getting healthier.

6 Likes

Had to get in here and start putting things through hell! Slammed the trellis down as far as I could within reason. I may do add some string here and there to split some grids in half, I really hate these big squares… I just need/want a little more growth out of the smaller plants, then I will be flipping this mess to flower heh.

17 Likes

Looking good bud!
My plants always grow bigger in the back of my tent too… been trying to figure out if it’s something to do with the door or I just keep putting stronger plants back there???

2 Likes

This time I purposely put the bigger plants back there, but last time it was luck of the draw that the plants I put in the back ended up becoming the healthier/bigger ones and the front ones were the runts heh. This time since I put more plants in there, the back 2 were the biggest but also sorta slow trying to recover from being rootbound and abused, the front 2 have been kicking in and showing more hope than the last 2 in the front, but the ones in the middle are she smallest heh.

The left middle (Badazz OG Cheese) has some characteristics I like, so I hope 1 of the 2 cuttings roots so I can explore it a bit more if it turns out good in the end.

The middle right (Sherbert) is not doing a lot and getting slowly eaten by everything else. I am training the other 2 plants (Grape Runtz Candy #2 and Special Queen) away from it a bit so hopefully we can get 1-2 of the 3 branches to get up to canopy level hopefully lol.

In the end it don’t matter, I have clones trying to root off of everything incase I want to pursue some further and in the end the tent will throw down a decent yield no matter what. It is fun pushing yield, but its the least of my concerns since I am loaded up and care a bit more about making seeds to sift through heh.

6 Likes

Looks like you’re only a couple of slots away from BINGO in there bud! Beautiful stuff!

5 Likes

Lol, ya getting close in a couple spots. Maybe next cycle I will get things all going at the same pace, this was just a roll of the dice for the hell of it so I could clear some plants out heh. Should still make for some fun in flower though. :+1:

4 Likes

2x4 update

I did a thing…

I needed to open up some space since I am swapping over to using my mini EB/SIP pots I 3D printed. The small pots I torture the plants with just wont cut it anymore. I think these mini SIP’s will be the missing link to keep doing what I am doing in my minimalist veg tent fashion but keep the plants healthier and allow them to get bigger.

17 Likes

Where is the third row? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Lol! Oooh trust me I thought about it, I just did not have enough of similar size. :laughing:

4 Likes

In the bed we have THC fem clones: Helena x PBB, MAC #1, Grape Runtz Candy and Frankenstein (From ole @JohnnyPotseed) . CBD regs: 1 Abacus Diesel, 1 Point Break (From @Oldtimerunderground and/or @middleman since they both sent me some), 1 Sour Suver, 1 CBDv mix, 1 Cannatonic Perkins Cut (From @ShiskaberrySavior ) and 1 Lovebone.

Hoping for all females of course, but ready to pull a few males out of these CBD plants.

13 Likes

Someone needs to make a Misfits strain with Helena x Frankenstein :thinking:

4 Likes

Yes! @Slick1 image

6 Likes

thats the best fucking idea ive heard all day dude. do we start spitballing names now? or wait for someone to actually make the cross?? how about “I Want Your Skull”

6 Likes

@LegsMahoney Angel Fuck? Last Caress? Green Hell? Hybrid Moments? Devilock?

5 Likes

ooooh "Last Caress: would be a great name!

5 Likes