Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 3)

5 Likes

If you’re gonna fuck up, you might as well go the whole nine yards!
:rofl:

3 Likes

2 Likes

I figured that was simply a way for the damn lazy movers to not have to carry the furniture and other large and/or heavy items down the stairs. Unfortunitely, there’s no accounting for a driver who doesn’t know how to back up for shit! :rofl:

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

i had been questioning the name of this site for a while now, but this one proved to me that there isn’t much fact finding going on there.

Oh yeah…

Peeing in a pool depletes chlorine and actually produces an irritant that makes people’s eyes turn red." To eliminate the irritants caused by nitrogen-containing compounds found in urine, more chlorine may need to be added to a pool, she said.Jun 26, 2015

1 Like

possibly, but that does nothing to the pool that has no urine in it, but was recently dosed with chlorine. it was my own pool, nobody but me in it that year, and it made my eyes red every single time i opened them underwater. the point i am arguing is not that this article is not correct about the urine, just that is asinine to make that kind of a clearly false claim about the chlorine NOT making the eyes red. it’s only half bullshit and that is the worst kind. it leads folks to believe the other half by association and how propaganda works. maybe that’s why these “factual” memes exist, to de-sensitize us to propaganda and disinformation to follow. i would put money on it, up to $5k. someone needs to look into the groups behind these places.

4 Likes

I guess you’re right and US CDC is wrong after doing all their tests…

2 Likes

did you misunderstand what i said? i didn’t say they were wrong, just that they made a half false statement. they said chlorine does not cause the eyes to be red, and it does. that is called a lie in most circles, but in the us today it is an “alternative fact”. urine may indeed cause the eyes to be red, but it is also sterile, so they may not have investigated the combination of urea reacting with chlorine. i don’t know and don’t care enough to look, but i do know that what i wrote is true and a fact. gotta go to work now, have a great day.

1 Like

the cdc probably works just as carefully as our corresponding authorities cough.

No I didn’t, there are lot groups out there that are always trying to prove that the CDC is wrong… I’m done with this subject, let’s move on…

3 Likes

Same with my folks pool.

When I was a competitive swimmer it was hit and miss depending on the pool; but when you could smell the off-gassing we knew it was gonna be rainbows in the lights once we got out from the laps if we didn’t wear appropriate goggles.

Many pools here went to salt versus chlorine or bromine.

2 Likes

The article is from the CBC, from the CDC.

2 Likes

Yes, a News company and news people fact check storys so they won’t get sued for printing false news but the test were done by US CDC.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recently teamed up with both the Water Quality and Health Council and the National Swimming Pool Foundation to warn the public about health risks associated with summer.

1 Like