Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 3)

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

Martial Arts is the great equalizer. Bullies are neutralized with a triangle choke. Jiu-Jiitsu levels the playing field. Literally.

6 Likes

Unfortunately the bully types are more likely to end up in these classes. There was a period where the “tough guys” in my area all drove around with the stickers of their BJJ studios on their car and the true douches wore Sprawl shorts casually.

I have a lot of respect for the artform (and have actually recently considered taking some classes more for the fitness side of it) but I can’t help the feeling I’ve always had for it which is “I can’t fight standing so I’ll hug you to death” :laughing: As someone who always held their own standing it was a bummer that those who couldn’t at all now could take me out with a death cuddle!

7 Likes

It’s like this… Jiu-jitsu is the that tool that you keep in your tool belt for the right time. Of course, end the fight standing - if possible. Many fights end on the ground. I know those grappling douches that you speak of. They don’t have hands (can’t strike with any proficiency). I am primarily a striker, but I will gladly throw a hard scarf on a mfkr if needed.
Striking is actually what you need to survive and escape multiple attackers. You will get kicked into a concussion rolling on the ground with one guy while his friends run up on you.
Yet… kids need to learn jiu-jitsu because, it will bring a large amount of shame to that bully while doing the least harm.

PSA: Hey kids, after learning how to tap your opponent in the dojo… Get up and hit pads, and work on your timing.

1 Like

When I started seeing street/school fight videos where one guy would jump down on his back right and act like a tough guy while asking the another dude to lay on top of him that really struck me :laughing:

It seems to have calmed down a bit as far as the douches go. The place near me offers a free first lesson so I’m really considering it.

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes