Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 3)

They say God/Nature only dishes out what they know you can handle…
They must think I’m one helluva tough old bitch!!!

2 Likes

$89,000 for a stag beetle wtf, do you know who is buying them at that price, where we used to live in the UK we would have several flying around in the afternoons in June every year. I would find there larvae in rotting logs all around the place.

2 Likes

Rishi Sunak? Just a thought… :rofl: :laughing:

1 Like

“Stag Beetle: World’s Most Expensive Insect That Can Make You A Millionaire Overnight” Stag Beetle: World's Most Expensive Insect That Can Make You A Millionaire Overnight

3 Likes

My uncle spent $80K on her daughter’s wedding and they had a kid and divorced after 3yrs., they lived in Canada.

13 Likes

I know couples who made it way less than 3 years. I hardly want to do the wedding cost per day of marriage math.

3 Likes

My Mom made our cake…
I borrowed the dress…
We had an inexpensive buffet-style reception, and drinks at his Mom’s after… It’s what we could afford at the time AFTER family chipped in and helped…
We had our wonderful honeymoon at little backwater motels traveling in-state and oing to historic sites…and loved every single moment…
That was 1989… 34 years…
It’s not about the ceremony, the $$ or how extravagant it all is…
It’s about love, trust, commitment and taking your vows ‘for better or for worse’…etc… seriously.

7 Likes

there’s enough natural diamond on earth for that, but most are not gem quality. Though The diamond market is completely manufactured and inflated by the industry, they do not hold value. Sure if it’s a certified and flawless natural stone it will have some value, but the majority of stones sold will have no resale value for the consumer. If you were to bring a diamond ring into a pawn shop, the rarely give much thought to the stone, they just want to know how much gold/silver is in it.

2 Likes

6 Likes

wtf1

5 Likes

13 Likes

Steampunk spider chandelier

7 Likes

7 Likes

Shiodome, Tokyo

7 Likes

I bet she know better :grin:

9 Likes