Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 5)

7 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

I once did a 3 month trek and when I did the math afterwards I realized that I had done it for cheaper than 3 months rent.

It was on a shoestring, but it was great. Living like a local not in a fancy hotel. Great immersive experience.

2 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

I think this is actually the hierarchy of needs.

2 Likes

Good ol’ Maslow!

1 Like

Dude failed though….he left off coffee and weed…hierarchy of needs indeed…/harumph

3 Likes

That’s the way to do it. It does, however, become more difficult as we get older. I can’t imagine hitchhiking to virtually anywhere today. 50 years ago I wouldn’t have thought twice about hitching from anywhere to anywhere else. Today, I wouldn’t think once. I don’t believe I could sustain myself physically.

Ah, youth…

1 Like

1 Like

One can do without the necessities of life provided they have the little luxuries :fire:

3 Likes

Agreed. I don’t think I could take that kind of trip now so I’m glad I did it when I did.

I accidentally spent the night in a brothel. True story. “I think I’ll just sleep right here on the floor.”

I remember the nice touristy coach buses costing $50 but the buses for locals came to like $1.35

1 Like

9 Likes

4 Likes

That’s the time to do it, when we’re young. I feel bad for folks who, for whatever reason, didn’t have that opportunity (or whatever), including a lack of curiosity. I’m a really nosy person. I’m curious about everything. Kind of fits who I am in the sense that I did all kinds of work when I was employed. I worked as an anthropologist for the Army Corps of Engineers, I rafted logs and worked in the woods logging, cut cedar bolts for shakes and shingles, I was a Claims Examiner for the Dept. of Labor, I made candles, I was a residential re-modeller/carpenter for nearly 20 years, etc, etc. I definitely was a jack of all trades, master of none.

1 Like