Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

If you smoke everything, how many joints will you
successfully smoke?

All of them.

Smib

4 Likes

Man, @mota , you find the most-cool? pictures! That damselfly with the dew got me all fucked up thinking about surface tension and that led down a sideways mental trail. Haha. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’m not sure why, but that story reminded me of this.

When I was much younger, I knew a guy who had two female cats that were sisters. These two cats did everything together - raised their kittens together, fought enemies together, ate together and (this is the cool part) they hunted together. You know how the velociraptors hunted together in Jurassic Park? One would distract their prey while the other circled around and attacked from behind while the prey was busy watching the show? That’s exactly how these two cats hunted, mostly birds. I never once saw them miss a bird, but I saw them get so many! It was a thing of beauty to watch.

3 Likes

Really cool story! It’s amazing how the instinct to hunt cooperatively manifested in those two animals

My neighbor didn’t have cats so the cats in the neighborhood viewed her yard as neutral ground. My mother would see the neighborhood cats gather in her yard and sit in a circle. Sometimes there would be as many as 15 cats. No fighting or screaming.

2 Likes

I had a cat that was sweet, but stupid. When it rained he would look at the sky and meow, which made him choke

2 Likes

Sounds like a recessive domesticated turkey gene got in there. lol (1)

3 Likes

That’s hilarious! His name was Smudge but we did laugh about him being part turkey.

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

-Totally believe that.

Cats are scary good hunters on their own and masters of the “bushwhack-attack”. Two working together with one “sneak’n” and the other one “sounding” reminds me of dogs too.

I had a friend who owned a German shepherd. His neighbor owned her brother and sister. They always stayed together on the neighbors porch. When someone would approach, one would start raising hell and charge straight on. The other two would stay quiet and each would circle around behind while “barky” kept the attention up front.

Pincher movement!

3 Likes

I’ve seen that sort of behavior too in cats! I came into my bedroom in an apartment I once lived in and found my cat sitting in the open window on the lovely spring day.

She was staring intently at another cat sitting on the balcony of the home across the narrow alley.

As I approached the window and looked out, I was a little surprised by another cat staring up at mine while sitting on the cab of an old junked-truck in the alley,

I looked outside over my now annoyed-with-me cat and sitting on the ground was another cat looking up at mine and back and forth at the other three AND a 5th cat sitting on top of the single story, single car garage at the intersection of the alley about 30 or 40 feet away.

It was a glaring or a clouder I guess. Too cool….

2 Likes

13 Likes

7 Likes