Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

These were awesome, you could stuff a couple squares in the nose. Pretty loud without the caps, too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

GbL_9oXU3wIfnw75EFcaoyBrjX5CbvZllbXqNtdCyUU-1320911701

11 Likes

These disks were all over my house as a kid. I mean everywhere.

10 Likes

hqdefault-3500873672 s-l640-1203062307

6 Likes

I totally had the Cap Bomb! Probably more than one. And yeah, stuffing them with as many caps as possible was so fun! That toy and the rolls of caps brings back so many great memories!

I own some cap guns, none from my childhood though. Don’t have any caps either.

3 Likes

We generally get a box of these when we go to the drugstore.

And these too

12 Likes

I had lots of balsa wood planes, but I think those are somewhat later. I’m not sure the ones I had when I was really little had plastic propellers. I wish I could remember them more clearly.

I don’t know Pop-Its.

2 Likes

6 Likes

RIP such a wise soul

01053a9b81471ed0f92ca7fbeaf0a424-2653720586

some had little red plastic landing gear in the 70s, I think.

I’ll have to get a picture of the wood and paper one I have, that’s managed to remain in one piece tomorrow

3 Likes

Got an Invisible Man when they were brand new in 1958.

2 Likes

Ahhh remember the smell after setting a bunch off all at once

2 Likes

Yeah, the one with the metal weight on the front. I remember having lots of those! They didn’t last long but were fun as hell for a little kid!

2 Likes

That’s my favorite model I’ve ever built! I got the visible woman after. I really learned alot, joke and no joke lol

Painting all the organs and arteries…awesome

1 Like

Yep, I got a Visible Woman when they came out too. It was so educational (and kind of sexy for a little kid too).

Erector Sets and Lincoln Logs were big in my house too. Later, when Lego’s came out I started building hybrid Lincoln Log/Lego hybrid buildings.

1 Like

They’ve gone by many names I guess. Snap pops, snappers…
Simple fun on the sidewalk

the little twisted up paper pouches. They come packed in sawdust as padding usually, sounds like a nail biter of a distro job, lol

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I recognize those little pouches! :+1:

1 Like

Here’s my entry for the solo cup bamboo firework challenge :grin:

Can I juice this fucker for its hyperspeed growth hormones?

2 Likes

Outta likes.

Nice history.

Is that bamboo or banana tree?

1 Like

Same with my house!

1 Like

It’s bamboo. Some asshat up the hill let his bamboo privacy patch get away, and someone else around the hill let a different kind of bamboo go, the two types meet, mix and mingle in my back yard :roll_eyes:

It’s kinda fun to go out there twice a year and swing the hatchet, but I know I’m not winning that war.

I should make a million bongs.

I let one stay alive to bear witness to the slaughter last year, it’s like 6 inches in diameter and 50 feet tall

5 Likes