Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

I’m a ‘bird person’ so outdoor cats are problematic.
A family friend who is a sheet metal guy modified his 6 foot wood fence with a 15" metal strip along the top of that fence all around the backyard so the cat can no longer climb over, the backyard is ‘cat-proof’.
He has a great video of the first time the cat encountered his handiwork, actually kinda cruel in a Monty Python kinda way. 5 years on and he claims not a single escape…cat safe, birds safe.

3 Likes

What was so wrong with this post people? seriously? Was it that offensive to people, it’s the truth and it’s not political…

8 Likes

@PhilCuisine, I could not agree more. :+1:

3 Likes

I didn’t flag it, but I rather seriously considered it despite the fact that I’ve never done so with any post ever before. Are you living in some sort of a fantasy world or just the most egregious example of an echo chamber I’ve ever seen, to say that climate change being caused by humanity isn’t a political argument waiting to happen? Fairly sure that’s the single dividing point between the two major parties on the subject at this point, in fact - no one questions whether it’s happening any more, the political discussion is all about who to blame.

I could say the same about some of the other memes posted here in the last few days, btw. Who the hell thinks a meme about trickle-down economics is non-political?

5 Likes

Fine, I deleted it…you people take some of these post way to seriously…I done with this thread.

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Poor Charlie, the sucker went for it every time that LucyEO offered it. trickle down, touch down, Charlie’s hind end down. :grimacing:

i’m a genius then.

1 Like

I probably made that post. I wasn’t looking at it through a political lense; however, I take your point.

I realize that OG needs to be a comfortable space for everyone.

I sincerely apologize and I encourage you to flag any of my posts you find offensive.

I removed the Charlie Brown post.

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

I talked about doing that for ever with the phone

I finally did it.

For stress mostly .

I bought a CAT flip phone for work.

And use my personal smart phone after work hours and weekends for internet and o.g.

The flip phone for day time mon-fri. 730-430

I have notifications turned off for emails also on my personal phone

It’s no way to live being addicted to the phone and controlled by your work. < I know…coming from someone with 2 phones and a tablet…LOL>

Self employed/ construction .

Have to remember why I chose to be self employed…

To be able to make these decisions to not be fully immersed 24/7 in work.

Surprisingly it’s only $100 for this flip phone. Same price as other flip phones …
And this one has touch screen/ android capability. A.small screen . But still can check work emails on it . Security cameras. Apps. / banking

5 Likes

I admire your perspective on life. Few of us have any privacy in our own heads anymore.

2 Likes

Stay and keep posting.

5 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

He’s not just one of the world’s best pony tailed fighter. He’s much more.

3 Likes

Crappy reggae form even worse actor.

2 Likes