Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 8)

i hate charts like this. can’t tell which one is right, or how the total number got where it is on the top one. bottom says americans (black and white) are either 70 or 70.5" while the top one says just over 67". no way to tell how they got the number or which one is accurate, or if they are both accurate. it also looks like it needs more data points on americans and the dutch, if the dots are the actual data points. damn, i hate getting this confused before i even light the bowl…

1 Like

Baby Boomers…I had a 1972 Ford Maverick

9 Likes

Speaking of generational politics… maybe we shouldn’t. :thinking:

7 Likes

but we got the internet…

and smart phones…

and…

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

7 Likes

Gentleman walks streetside

8 Likes

Rare sighting of Female Yakuza members in Tokyo

:round_pushpin:Sanja Matsuri Festival, Asakusa Tokyo 2024

8 Likes

Interesting. I had assumed they were all males. I guess in this case their culture is pro female equality.

7 Likes

Because back in horse and buggy days the street was full of horse shit, and people flung their chamber pots out of the second story windows into the street. gentlemen walking streetside helped shield the ladies from both.

7 Likes

Is that frowned upon? I still throw my chamber pot in the street.

7 Likes

Oh, i never throw it in the street.
It’s what use to contain my schwag…chamber pot

1 Like

Collars and neckties were once part of a person’s undergarments, and cuffs were the rolled back sleeves. This was to protect their fancy clothes from their unwashed bodies. It’s the reason behind collars and cuff links.

I read that somewhere.

2 Likes

A tick convention, nice.

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes