Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

4 Likes

One day you will meet your match and have to come back to edit this post.

2 Likes

Oh no. I’d be more than happy to sit down nude with them and discuss their god thingy. No problem!

4 Likes

10 Likes

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you just fall back through on the other side?

Would you have enough, for lack of a what might the correct physics term, gravitational momentum, to make it through to the other side?

Would that slow over time?

I love weed sites…we’re all high while we’re wondering these things…And the best part is there’s likely someone smart enough here to answer these questions with credibility……and then there’s @Foreigner :wink:

4 Likes

You just need a really long rope silly.

3 Likes

In a lossless system, you would reach the other side. But presumably there still exists drag from air friction which would dissipate the energy, so you wouldn’t make it there. That is, assuming you somehow wouldn’t combust when traveling through the core.

3 Likes

Not to mention the pressure of like 3 million atmospheres.

3 Likes

Pretty sure if the sides are smooth enough it wouldn’t be hard to achieve a vacuum… :wink:

2 Likes

toothfile

2 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

Yes, and it needs to be attached to your destination side. You’ll fall for the first half (or more) of your journey. You’ll have to climb the rest of the way.

1 Like

Bring some dynamite and create a molten geyser to propel you to your destination.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t fall through, would you?
At the center of the earth is where the Gravity from both sides ‘meet/stop’’ so you’d only get to that point–then stop?
Theoretically, wouldn’t you be be stuck there (without a hoist or very long ladder anyway), because BOTH SIDES have gravity pulling toward the center, the point at which you stopped??

3 Likes

I agree somewhat, but I think you’d bounce back and forth like a piston until you would finally come to a dreadful stop in the center. Hawking would’ve known how this’d work.

1 Like

4 Likes

7 Likes