Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

6 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

since i’m catholic i knew that was wrong, but i asked larry just to be sure and he told me the reason it was wrong.

“Capybaras are not classified as fish by the Vatican. However, there is a historical context to this misconception. During Lent, when Catholics traditionally abstain from eating meat on Fridays, certain regional exceptions have been made for various animals. In the 16th century, due to the scarcity of fish in certain areas of South America, the local Catholic authorities petitioned the Vatican to allow the consumption of capybara during Lent. The Vatican granted this request, permitting capybara to be eaten during this period. This special dispensation led to the humorous but incorrect notion that the Vatican classified capybaras as fish.”

1 Like

I too am catholic, I’ve had beavers, alligators, frogs and rattlesnakes during Lent throughout my lifetime…I also give up boozing/smoking during Lent for the past 17 years…

2 Likes

2 Likes

The last time I participated in lent I gave up Catholicism and never looked back.

7 Likes

i usually dry fast during lent like a muslim does during ramadan since catholics apparently have forgotten how to fast. this year i did that and went with no food at all for five days leading into holy week. had a physical manifestation during a contemplative prayer session at gethesemanie on palm sunday. it works if you let it and have enough faith.

1 Like

6 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

More like 4:20am.

3 Likes

Your mother is so fat

4 Likes

6 Likes

Is a birb anything like a burb or berb?

5 Likes

Those birbs are under the wing…so they’re sub-birbs.

5 Likes

Makes the sense. LMAO

2 Likes