Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmm.. *reborn* (Part 9)

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just as an example, I don’t doubt that most every culture has experienced some kind of flooding historically.

Just because a river destroyed your town doesn’t mean there was some great and world wide flood. People’s worlds were a lot smaller than they are now and information moved much more slowly. “My world” may have flooded but it doesn’t mean the whole world did.

5 Likes

I get what you mean but in this case the story is about more than just a river overflooding a certain area. I’d love to know the real story behind it though

1 Like

We’ll never know but that’s my position on the subject.

Over and over and over

7 Likes

So tender… :rofl:

1 Like

I knew a guy years ago he was the town plug. Outside of the shack he lived in had seen way better days but inside he had the latest and greatest of everything you could imagine I mean tvs stereo he even had a 200 gallon saltwater reef aquarium. Looked like a bum lived there used an old bicycle to go to his daughters where he kept his Porsche in her garage

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

I knew a lot of folks like that in the deep South.

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s a BIG discussion in Sociology, psychology, Religion and philosophy…that ‘truth’ means someone believes it to be a fact, even if they can not prove it… like religion- that is their ‘truth’- but can not prove t to be facts.
A FACT is provable whether anyone wants to believe it or not…
What is ‘truth’ to one person is often not ‘the truth’’ to others…based on Sociological, psychological, and learned behaviors and ‘truths’ within your Family or '‘tribal’ beliefs.

6 Likes

WAAAY too late-- they are here…
They have completely wiped-out both our little local grocery stores, so those of us who live here have to drive 20 minutes to get a feckin’ gallon of milk!!!

3 Likes

352ima

1 Like

This pic made me laugh so much, I choked on my whisky - thank you @CanuckistanPete for making my evening so much better

1 Like

The story of the flood is believed to have happened before the ice-age in Pangea- when all people were on one Continent-- so that story got passed generation to generation…
And remember-- Gilgamesh has the story-- and that was written when people thought the world was flat, where they lived was all there was, and the oceans were the borders!!

2 Likes

Recently, there was mention of Carlos Castanada and his Don Juan books in one thread or another, perhaps here. I wish I could remember who was talking about him/the books.

In any event, I saw this and thought whoever it was might find this interesting. I predict you may be frustrated. This is Chapter One. Like they say, first one’s free.

1 Like