Northern Lights 5 preservation run

This is super awesome! I grew some northern berry out back in the day, it was a perfect indoor strain. I love these preservation runs.

4 Likes

Did anyone see riot got original nl from Greg personally…same he gifted nev. I got a feeling no is coming back. :v:t5:

5 Likes

good job buddy

3 Likes

From my little knowledge on the subject, that may or may not be a polyploid correct??

Only way to know for sure is to get it genetically tested right?

Lots of people have trifoliate seedlings, weird double stems, extra nodes, and the plants often grow out of it.

10 Likes

You are 100 percent correct @Craigson15. I will get some detailed pics tonight. I dont see this plant growing out of the trait and I am still up in the air about even trying to breed with it. Regardless of sex its traits are favorable. The fragrance is already quite strong and if it turns out female it lowers the odds of it being a poly but still does not rule them out. I am going to cost out having it lab tested before making any final decisions.
Cheers

15 Likes

So everything is ready for the flip. 10 NL5 total for the run. I’m also running 5 of @Tappy Afghan bluelights, and two Oregon huckleberry f3s that I kept alive from the germ tests. The vader mom in the back is up in the air.
Cheers.

These are @Tappy Afghanbluelights. They were root bound but should snap out in a few days. The one in the back left is a heavy sativa leaner.

26 Likes

YAY!!! Welcome!!!

3 Likes

I just LOVE the finger structuring on these plants! Gives them a “jungle vibe”! Great job @ubcchemo! I REALLY look forward to this one!

7 Likes

Today is flip day. It had to be the hottest days of summer so AC is running . Holding at 25 degrees so here we go. Should know sex in a week.
Cheers.

41 Likes

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil: the excitement builds

6 Likes

Good looking plants man .I’m liking the looks Of that girl in the middle of the far right row…:beers::beers:

9 Likes

oooh exciting! They’re looking great though despite the heat ^^

6 Likes

Looking good Ubc👍

7 Likes

Thank you to all. I have been babying these plants and clones will be cut in a week. These clones will be for the community to further preserve the line.
Cheers
Edit… these plants have been tested and are diploid.

26 Likes

And it shows, it’s very difficult to please 100% of the population. But your whole entire garden looks very taken care of :money_mouth_face:

11 Likes

Thanks @Indoornesian. My personal playpen. It’s still a bunch of work to care for each plant on a one to one basis but I learn every day and have been for many years. Production ops are far less personal and unfortunately weight over quality usually prevails. I have been fortunate to find some balance between the two.
Cheers

14 Likes

The true balance is " grow what you like " and what’s good for your growing methods

12 Likes

Drum roll…:drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum:

3 Likes

Update…
Not 100 percent but it looks like 6 out of 8 of the Nl5 are Male. It’s the gamble I guess. The cull will start tomorrow. Plants look great but it’s to many males. I have my eye on 2 of the 6 males but this is a drag. I have a contingency plan but its gonna take time.

33 Likes

Plants are looking killer man.

7 Likes