Northern Lights 5 preservation run

That’s nice to get some positive vibes going. I have one female Ortega going, NL#1xNL#5. It’s looking similar. I have two males and gonna try and get pollen early to make something till I grow the others out. It’s my first time growing any NL.

8 Likes

I didn’t even hear the interview, but I knew that one was going to be :fire:. I was also curious about the tk x tk/nl5h. Is that one essentially a tk BX?

6 Likes

That’s what you wrote I believe though I think it should be Tk/nl5h x TK to be a back cross or I could just be stoned and overthinking it lol probably doesn’t matter taking half of something and breeding it to the pure would still equate 75% TK

8 Likes

Been there this year myself my friend… Mice killed a lot of the parentals I wanted to select from.(Chem4 F2’s and Mothers Milk F3’s). Change of plans…
Now its a Chemdog x 5G’s Purple BX preservation run. Chem x Double OG Sours; Chem X Triangle X DOGS on deck also.

Have a few nice Chem dom males selected like this 6’6"+ stud.
Just pulled a 5G’s male yesterday to start collecting pollen.
All from worked lines of RebelGrown Seed Co… stock.
Let the fun begin. If Im blessed, Ill share with community.

21 Likes

have never had mice attack a plant, you got pics of the chews?
I used to plant in swamps, swails, adjacent to ag fields, agricultural fields, in trees and around barns, among other places.
Just would like to take a look.
Have had them eat seeds but thats it.

8 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking lots of field mice around I’ve never had an issue with them

5 Likes

Congratulations on the new sprouts. Maybe it will be 7girls this time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Haven’t seen mice eat em, but I know rats will.

5 Likes

Big difference between mice and rats.
But I have not ever had problems with rats either.
Not saying you couldn’t thou

5 Likes

In the woods of ol dixe…you’ll be surprised

8 Likes

nothing would surprise me down there.

5 Likes

I’ve seen them even eat wood, not chew, or take for nesting…but eat it. They usually go for stalks on plants. My guess would be also going/digging for the funky smelling amendments in soil.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen them chew on wood, saw squirrels do the same.
When I was a cable contractor the Fuckers would chew on the overhead trunk and feeder runs which is aluminum, foam inside with a dielectric center.
Aluminum defienciencies.

5 Likes

My buddy lost 7 plants this year alone due to mice in his house. Long as the plants are small enough a mouse could bite through, it they do. once the plants get a few inches tall with a set of leaves or two the stems are thick enough that they don’t mess with them but that seedling stage, prime mousy salad time I guess. He had to setup a bunch of glue strips and traps around the grow.

9 Likes

Hey @OleReynard I sure do. Dunno why the fuckers went hard after my cannabis? I lost 20+ plants to these little shits. Grew in same area last year with no issues. Now the stalks are thicker Im having no more issues…

Last pic is blurry. I went on my walk in the a.m. and the second last pic was taken. When I came back in the afternoon they finished the plant off, taking down second branch.
I chicken wired everything, the little fuckers would just burrow under the wire and in to chew. Never seen anything like it. Thought it may have been a rabbit, till I totally enclosed plants in wire and still took losses.
Some branches were attempted to be pulled out of wire but couldnt get them out. No pics of that.
I swore someone had been fucking with me. Id duct tape the branches at the plants’ base and add branch stocks surrounding the cannabis stalk. Fuckers just chewed above the tape!!!

T

12 Likes

Last pic shows plant slightly chewed but not all the way.
Even Animal B gone didnt work. They’d chew thru it regardless.
Only a dozen mouse traps fixed the situation. I think I nailed about 10 of them before they stopped killing my shit.
Completely frustrating. Killed alot of the parentals I had planned to breed with.

8 Likes

I dont know if there is a price within reason that I wouldn’t pay to have my nl#5 mom back from 12 yrs ago. Probably the greatest looking, smelling, tasting weed i have ever had. Doesnt hurt that it was a solid yield with a great high

5 Likes

mice can get into a lot smaller holes than that.
I suggest 1/4 x 1/4 hardware cloth and either put on a rust to it or camo paint job.
Used to use hats all the time.

Otherwise “wow” never seen nothing like that before, looks like a mini beaver got in there.

7 Likes

I had a NL#5 x Sweetleaf (Joker Seed Co.)mom I long to have back again from back in the day. Easy growing golf-ball buds on an easy to grow plant. what Id give to have that cut back.

6 Likes

@OleReynard me either. cannot explain why they went so hard after my cannabis plants. A few spots Id replace the plant only to have same results.
I suggest a shit-load of mouse traps if anyone else is in this situation. 2 traps per plant. Wire and sprays did not seem to work.

4 Likes