Northern Lights 5 preservation run

Wow, amazing. dirty little bastards.they must enjoy the buzz also? or they are seeking out the fluids from the stalks possibly I wondered?
I cannot understand why they would do this otherwise.

Apologies to @ubcchemo I did not mean to jack your thread with my rodent issues.

5 Likes

You know now that Holyangel said something yes i have had mice attack seedlings but only seedlings

5 Likes

I’ve had mice clean me out too…Nothing left but a short stem…Literally they eat the whole seeding like some nice leafy salad…

The little bastards…chuckle

5 Likes

Told ya, lol those bastards are plant assassins. Lol

6 Likes

That sucks to put that much time and effort to have a rodent set you back.

2 Likes

Oh ya… I’ve had mice take down quite a few plants. They ‘girdled’ a bunch in the hemp field last year.

3 Likes

All the 5x5 are sprouted and on the move. Thanks again to @ChronicMcBudz for the beans. More to come soon.

21 Likes

Awesome and they are looking very healthy as well . :beers:
And thank you again @ubcchemo for taking the time to do this .and redo it

9 Likes

Is that an ice tray ? That’s a kool move right there :cold_face:
All kidding aside, way to hang in there. Them lings looking good

5 Likes

Stubborn will to persevere, no matter the circumstances. I love it. Inspirational it is. Thanks man.

5 Likes

Thanks guys, I have my mind set on this run, I have Male clones from the last batch and one great female that was cloned and is flowering as well. If all goes well I should have these ready in 3 months or so.
Cheers

26 Likes

I cannot believe the damage them little fuckers have caused

It does @Tejas. Especially considering most of what they killed were the Chem4 F2’s and Mothers Milk F3’s, which my plan was to continue to take these strains out another generation this year.
Wont be this year. Big thanks to @50State for more Chem4 beans. Ill try again next year I guess.
Good luck @ubcchemo with those seedplants this cycle

8 Likes

In my youth I grew outdoors and I had to put chicken wire around my plants even once they got big, because after the rabbits and mice have thier go at the stalks. The deer move in and eat the tops off your branches, its maddening.

Atleast in the panhandle of florida. And when I say i grew out doors. Its more like I made several attempts at it, with only a couple making it to harvest.

11 Likes

Speaking of needing chicken wire, I had a chicken pluck a month old C99fem out of the pot and left it further down the yard last year. Always something!

4 Likes

now that you mentioned chicken, and rats were mentioned previously, I thought I would combine the two into a little tale, so too speak. When I was a lad, on the farm, grandma had Araucana and Ameraucana chickens. they lay naturally colored blue, green, brown and shades of other colors, mainly pastel in color. These chickens would sometimes just roost on the ground, and you would nudge them with your foot, they move and you grab the egg. Got it, good! Now, anywhere you have chickens, you have mice and rats, at least that is the way it used to be, years ago. Some of these bastards are the size of what they call ‘Warf Rats’ like, River Rats. Well, at about 5 or 6 years old, on my first egg haul, I had cleared the nest houses and some of yard laying hens when I went to nudge one and it didn’t move, it just jiggled like a sack of pudding. I did it several times, the same thing happened again. I thought, I would reach under the chicken, get the egg and leave the chicken alone, sounded good. When I went to reached under the chicken, it moved over a little more and collapsed into a hole that the rats tunneled under the chicken during the night. While the chicken was asleep, the ‘warf rats’ ate the underside of the chicken completely off. I slung eggs everywhere, on the way to the big house to tell what I had found and I got a beating for lost eggs.

regards,

17 Likes

Update on the 5x5 infants. Things are progressing nicely. Another week or so until the up pot.
Cheers.

30 Likes

They look really nice man. Great job!
:guitar:

10 Likes

Looking like happy little trees. Nice job, hope this round goes better than the last for you.

5 Likes

Hey @OleReynard do you still have that 89NL#5 from mel? If so, do you plan on running it in the near future?

I’m asking because I’m looking for a 89NL#5 male/s to cross with my 89NL#5 female. I would definitely pay for some mixed 89males pollen.

10 Likes

Thanks so much for sticking with the project.
I have a Nirvana NL round going right now, but I’m not impressed with, and they look awfully sativaish, so I definitely need to upgrade my lines. AND I’ve been dying to try something from Deep Ellum.
I have some older sssdh F1’s I need to look through, and i have some other seeds coming in soon that’s I’ll throw out there too.

8 Likes