Not Just Another Tincture Thread

I will be here Hi Sam

1 Like

Would a glass turkey baster work better?

1 Like

It depends on how thick it is and how messy you want it. The cavities on these molds are so small that it doesn’t take much to fill them. One mold I use, for chocolate, I just pour puit the chocolate and use a cake knife over the top to smooth and get rid of excess. The other, I fill each cavity, one at a time. With a 5ml pipette, I can fill a few before refilling.

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear that Stiggy, she never seems to get a break.

4 Likes

Thanks Brother, this too shall pass. I feel bad she is getting laid up from the things she loves to do this summer.
But all should be well after the procedures are done.

3 Likes

Thank You, I understand what you mean, I have the gummy molds just need to use them LOL
Life always get in my way lately .

2 Likes

This will happen!

5 Likes

I’d even eat the tray. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Oh you haven’t even seen my first time mistakes :joy: a big old smear all over the counter. That’s why you practice your methods without cannabis first. Once you get your method down pat you’ll be good to do it with Canna gummies with little to no waste too. Now I just use a knife to smear off the top of the tray and place that back in the batch staying warm to restart until I finish. Anything left gets turned into gummy worms over parchment paper.

I let the film if any set too on the pot, bowls, and other utensils used and make fruit roll ups😍

2 Likes

Been following along in more detail this round wanting to get into making some GD tincture for the wife’s ongoing reflexive sympathetic dystrophy neuropathy want to make a small comment on maybe drying herbs in a variable food dehydrator there’s settings that go low as 100 degrees for more delicate herbs an such this would save more terps and volatile oils in the end process.

2 Likes

This is how some of the higher alcohol beers were made in the Olden days like ice bocks and such not sure if it’s practiced to much these days with modern technology nowadays

1 Like

What effect would roots that are pounded and soaked in this GD have? Has anyone tried it in tincture or for use in edibles either?

2 Likes

I’ve used it for a paste with buds and cloves for mouth pain. When one alone failed miserably all 3 numbed the pain completely. Roots are an old world remedy for pain

1 Like

So just brain storming here what’s everyone’s thoughts on purity of frozen CO2? I’d think it would be fairly clean for using it in GD. Here’s my train of thought throw frozen chunks of frozen CO2 Straight in the alcohol to super chill it even further! Most freezers on a commercial level can only get to about -30 C way colder than a home freezer what would be the benefits here better extraction maybe? CO2 temps are -109 F IIRCC

1 Like

What’s your favorite source to obtain CBD isolate? Is the stuff I’ve seen on Amazon worth checking out?

The roots have some compounds that may not be good for ingestion. Some ancient cultures would make a cannabis root tea however. I stick to using roots in tropicals to err on the safe side.

3 Likes

I would not trust the purity of dry ice. The correct way to do this would be to make a slurry of dry ice and acetone. Then put the container with the alcohol in the slurry. You also need to get the cannabis to that temperature as well, flash freezing being best. It’s a lot of work for a little gain, but have never tired it myself.

Part of this GD recipe is that it’s a long soak, not geared towards a smokable product, but giving the full medicinal benefits of the plant.

2 Likes

I get my isolate from CBDistillery. I like their product for adding CBD to tinctures, capsules, and edibles.

1 Like

I have been getting mine from CannaComforts. They are $10 cheaper and half the price for shipping (just over $4 IIRC) and concentration is the same.

3 Likes

Hey @ReikoX enjoying the thread man . Not sure if it would be worth the time and effort but use to work in a Lab my self and did several anaylsis involving boiling of solutions and one thing that aided in this effort was placing in the boiling flasks are what’s called boiling beads to help with increasing surface area and decrease boil volumes faster . I’d image just dump then into ethanol would clean them up sparking new ! And the solvent could be used for the next batch!

1 Like