Nutrients on a budget?

Love it, thank you for posting this. I’m similarly fascinated by microbial life and specifically LAB / milk kefir serum. I am quite honestly going to not use raw salts due to those red algae microbes. It’s like a bug sold as a feature… pun intended. Here for the experiments though so you bet one of my plants is getting hit with Celtic salt next run!

3 Likes

One ingredient I have not mentioned, or sourced for this coming season, is Rabbit Manure. aka Bunny Honey

Last Summer was my first application of this Magic Pellet into the Substrate(s), and I could not believe the Success or the number of People/Growers that were unaware of this powerful Ingredient for the growing Mediums

Really affordable, and as soon as you begin looking, it will be very nearby…
I’m pre-planning the final containers, and its on the top of the List

Bonus Feature: does Not need to be composted. Works immediately

Here is a nice little general description:

Rabbit Manure

Rabbit manure is an excellent option for growers who need nutrients fast. Rabbit manure does not need to undergo hot composting, and thus can be added directly to the topsoil to provide nutrients to cannabis plants. Rabbit manure is absolutely loaded with nutrients and contains large quantities of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, along with calcium, magnesium, and zinc.

10 Likes

Either the easiest: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Osmocote-Smart-Release-Plant-Food-Plus-Outdoor-Indoor-8-lb

Or the most old-school way, big bags straight from the farm supply. Even with $120 shipping for 250lb of dry amendments I think I’d make out ahead vs finding them locally, this place is probably the best organic farm supply I’ve ever seen:

4 Likes

check this new one out: SimplyProfessions.com - they have a veg and flower nutrients --this nutrient has everything you need in it -ammino’s, NPK, viatimums, ect --All-in-one !!! get the sample packs for about $8.00 (for both) have used this nutrient and got excellant results -

1 Like

Free shipping.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Espoma-PT50-Organic-Plant-tone-All-purpose-Plant-Food-5-3-3-50-bag/47662071

1 Like

$20 shipped for a pound of Maxicrop soluble seaweed powder, cheapest I’ve found:

2 Likes

These guys have great prices and a huge selection of different goodies

https://www.kelp4less.com/

2 Likes
2 Likes

This Seven Springs website is amazing. You post these amazing links all the time, for such a variety of things. Nutrition, soil construction, seeds. I don’t know how you find this stuff but you should be working at Google :+1:

4 Likes

I’m not sure many will get the irony of this post, but here goes.
I feed my girls, some organics, some teas, and some MasterBlend Tomato food.
Since we all know (think) that any time you use salts to grow, their excess, it gets built up in the leaf and causes a black ash.
So how about as we collect our fan leaves, (yes I’m a partial plant stripper,) or maybe build up a bag or 2, grind that to a slurry, and pour that dinosaur vomit, around my tomato plants for all that left over food in the leaf!
Cannabis leaf feeding tomatoes!! and well, a pepper, a pair of zuccuini, beets, brocholi, my fig bushes, and some went into the compost pile.
As cheap, of a nutrient source as it gets, and a good way to save the planet,LOL!
Here are a few.

Few more.

The leaf slurry maker.

Add 2 or so cups of water into hopper, then add a big handful of leaf. NO BRANCHES!

Speed set at 7, cap hopper, toggle on/off switch, 2-3 seconds, once or twice, till pureed, dump into collector bucket.

Oh yea, do not forget your dry leaf collector buckets, they have goodies also.

Now go spread that DV love around something growing.

Easy as a Sunday morning!

6 Likes

He is a :mage: wizard, after all. :sweat_smile:

Screwgle goo gle

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

My first grow journal white crack! - #291 by 420noob here’s a good easy nutrient tea recipe :+1: @webeblzr that’s a great little tea you got going there! Makes sense the big fan leaves hold nutes so would be useful bag in ground.

2 Likes

I honestly do not think the leaf offers me much as far as the N value goes. I will just pour this slurry, onto my compost pile. But I can get rid of a LOT of leaf. 5-6 of my plants worth of leaf, gone in 20 minutes or so. That pile was few months worth, I was being lazy as fuck about.
Gobs of the fecking leaf things! Like potted Tribble makers!

Today was a grinding up the kitchen scrap bucket, afterwards, I dumped all the hummingbird juice into the bucket also. That is brewing out back now. I only use that shit outdoors,as it can be potent as hell.

Those beds, are where my spent medium is dumped into, every winter, 20-40 gallons.
I toss in some Down To Earth goodies, 2-3 cups worth, of various N items, Bio Alive, kelp, some langbeinite, bat guano, to keep it all fairly balanced.
Then after a month or so, certain dinosaur vomit mixes will be poured around the beds. Sems to help with fruiting.
Sorry to babble.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of these nutrients. Don’t they have a safari logo or a lion or something on the package? Think @Gizmo was using dinosaur nutes. This site is pro babbling. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey ColeLennon!! There may be one.
To the best of my knowledge, it was just a coined term, I found on the Vita Mix website back in 2010, after I inherited one. I was reading down a list with what folks were doing with theirs, some how to’s ideas, that kind of stuff.

One lady said she made dinosaur vomit from her kitchen, and garden leaf trimmings, very quickly.
She put some water in the hopper, the scraps, capped it, buzzed it a few seconds, and that slurry, she poured all around the base of her outdoor plants, and the plants LOVED it.
I bought a whole new hopper, to use for regular kitchen stuff, and the old hopper, is for my DV making.

3 Likes

Well shit. I can make tons. :sunglasses: not tons but a lot.

3 Likes

I have a Ninja and if I took it over for gardening purposes Mrs Foreigner might put me inside it.

But she’d probably be fine with adding a few leaves to some smoothies :joy:

4 Likes

Yep, Cole, that is what I’ve been proposing to folks since I started doing it, around 2012 or 2013. SOOOOO easy!
I would NOT have run out and bought a VitaMix, fuckers are expensive.
I’d roll on down to GoodWill, or some community repo place, second hand shop, and use any blender, just cut stuff into smaller pieces, that go into the hopper.
Coffee grounds seem to be crazy good additive for tomatoes.

3 Likes

I have a Ninja Chop Express. I use it for powdering mushrooms to make blue honey.

3 Likes

Talk about nutrients on a budget great advice. Dinosaur vomit :sunglasses:

2 Likes