OG ONLY POP UP CONVENTION "If you build it will they come"

CT is rec legal but no home grow til 2023 and med only dispos right now. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

We are in Illinois. Wife is on med card or I couldnā€™t grow legally. The shops are a complete ripoffā€¦ pathetic fast grown trashā€¦ I mean itā€™ll get u highā€¦ but it will drain the bank account alsoā€¦ shame on them!!!

4 Likes

Even on the medical side of the dispensariesā€¦ the labels are marked wrong hybrid when really indica etcā€¦ itā€™s a total mess. Have gotten seeds in the mixā€¦ had some that was identical to Reggieā€¦ things being under weightā€¦ customer service is off-putting and rude if you have a complaint of any kindā€¦ just a total fuck the consumer marketā€¦

3 Likes

Just across the Burlington Bristolā€¦

3 Likes

Technically ny has rec. No shops! No legal homegrown.

2 Likes

The homegrow is supposed to kick in a year and a half after the dispensary opens.
Cuomo only allowed the homegrow because he got caught in the scandal. He had an agreement with Pennsylvania and New Jersey about no homegrow.

@Terpsnpurps my wife was in Colorado at a dispensary. She called me to help her pick her meds. Iā€™m listening to some kid act like a doctor. We couldnā€™t possibly know what we are talking about!

2 Likes

I definitely let you know neighbor

3 Likes

Karma cup is in toronto

4 Likes

Iā€™ve done all types of stuff.

As it goes for organizing it, there is hotels that host weekend events, and give group discounts, and their is even campgrounds that do the same.

Genetraders is a awesome show, but thatā€™s a genetics event that is truly focused on genetics, so itā€™s very busy, and always packed. And doesnā€™t usually last more than a few hours, because itā€™s usually not a good thing to have so many heads in one place at one time (that goes for breeders and cultivators. We do things a bit interesting up here in the north east)

So IMO. A weekend retreat focused on OG would be cool, and allow for us folks to meet and great, and depending on the state, like persay we chose MA (has nothing to do with me living their lol) their is social clubs, and with industry booming in certain states, it could even be a chance for someone to pick up work, or even enjoy the freedoms of modern society)

If anyone is serious about this I have extensive event planning experience, I have run and put on festivals since the early 2000ā€™s.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s the reason I started growingā€¦ Stood in line in subzero temps to buy leftover garbage the last time and during my drive home in terrible weather thought ā€œif I can grow coral, weed shouldnā€™t be difficult!ā€. The rest is history, and Iā€™d like to thank Rise and shitty IL towns for showing me the light :joy:

4 Likes

Toronto and Michigan are super easy for me, Iā€™d be willing to do something in Denver or BC tooā€¦ Will hit some event this year to further explore the culture. Iā€™m just afraid Iā€™ll want to crawl back into my OG bubble after :joy:

1 Like

Actual right now med card holders can grow 6??? plants right now ? Maybe 12 I donā€™t remember.
But yeah not everyone can grow.
Disp only sell extracts. No buds !
Anyone can smoke it and TRADE it, but not buy or sell it.
But I think 2023 +/- everyone can grow and sell whatever they want.

Of course after all our fighting and protesting for legalization, the state finally decided it was time. But probably only after seeing how much revenue neighboring states were making per year :neutral_face::roll_eyes:

So in gov fashion they acted as if it was their bright idea to legalize.
They said only after the dispensaries are open for a full year can everyone else in the state grow and sell.
Their way of making sure they get the get first, and probably strongest harvest of cash flow in the state.
But whatever haha we won finally. Just a year or so till my paronaia disappears for good.
My friend still hides his joints out in public hahaha Iā€™m like ā€œdudeā€¦itā€™s legal to smoke it now :laughing:.ā€
I guess it will just take time.

3 Likes

Come to Denver Iā€™m only 40 minutes from Denver so Iā€™ll be there for support and weā€™ll mimic an OG bubble and then youā€™ll be alright :+1:t2: The Doc

2 Likes

@DrGonzo13 I just might! Lots of direct flights from here and Iā€™ve got a bunch of points from when I wasnā€™t a starving artist :joy:

I agree 100 percent. The rush is because theyā€™re watching Massachusetts collect all those taxes lol

Yeah no flower allowed in the med shops! Lol. Hereā€™s something to really make you laugh. All the hemp that was grown in NY had to go to processing into oil. The farmers couldnā€™t sell hemp flower. So all the hemp flower in gas station all over was purchased from out of state producers.

I think I heard possibly December for dispensary. License for grows go out this week.

1 Like

The greed in NY is disturbing

4 Likes

Iā€™m just happy Cuomo got himself into that scandal. If he hadnā€™t than all the rec wouldā€™ve just been handed to his friend/donors the same way the medical was.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.