OG Website Feature Wish List

I wish we could get the old GrowFaq’s setup again. We have a lot of the old info and some new posts in the growfaq category under advanced techniques, but its all just a jumbled mess of posts without hierarchy. If I had the time I’d do it myself, but 3 kids and a wife doesn’t leave me all that much spare time.

1 Like

Even as is, this is way easier on the eyes than most other cannabis forums.
I have photosensitivity health problems, I have to take multiple prescriptions to keep my vision functioning correctly. this is one of the only sites I can browse without fear of flashing gifs and autoplaying videos that trigger photosensitivity symptoms, menieres symptoms, and migraines.

Clear legible text and simple well laid out formatting puts overgrow light years ahead of flashy javascript applet sites like breedbay, or unformatted text clusterfucks like icmag.

(I can’t even use netflix anymore because of the animated menus and autoplaying videos)

7 Likes

I totally agree on all points :slight_smile:
I’m very happy with this site all around. This was my only suggestion I could come up with. Up late at night or real early in the morning, the white background is still a bit blinding. May see about an extension or theme of some kind I can do myself :thinking:

5 Likes

You could use something like https://justgetflux.com/ or the night light setting if you using windows. f.lux has settings for different times of the day as well. Really helpful for reducing eye strain.

5 Likes

I mean, I’m always mobile… but my background has always been varied shades of green with white text.

2 Likes

Check out this tip from @nube: (for Chrome browser)

4 Likes

Oh nice! That DarkReader did it! Not quite what I was after but good enough. Thank you!

3 Likes

The ability to @ more then 10 people in a post.

However I’m sure there is a reason its capped a 10… only reason I’d care at all. Is when making sign up lists… If 20+ people could enter their name like @LemonadeJoe then the person who started the sign up only has to click each name to get to that persons PM box.

Not a needed feature, just convenience…

Love OG its my :house_with_garden: home.

6 Likes

Good point! I’ve increased it to 100. Let’s try it, but if it gets abused we will have to lower it…

8 Likes

Wow… don’t do that lol

I’d say maybe 25… Most lists kinda fizzle after that anyway.

Your amazing @LemonadeJoe

And your right, if its abused. Take it away :wink:

4 Likes

I would love to see a gallery in our profile of our own pictures for all to peruse. I know this can be done with some programs and not others. I was able to make it happen with coppermine on another site.

2 Likes

Not really a feature wish, rather a question. Why does OG use “og.com” as the short banner, eg. when scrolling down a thread and the rest of the header is used to display the thread title? The domain name belongs to some “online gaming” site. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just have “OG” and the leaf in the short banner?

4 Likes

@LemonadeJoe hey Brother…

How possible is it to add something additional to mobile view :thinking:

I’d like to add:
Screenshot_20210310-230605_Samsung Notes

So when I need to “cross off” someone or something on a list, I can add the strike through the text in Mobile View. If this feature already exists :flushed: I’m sorry and I can’t find it. Lol

3 Likes

You can just use double tilde in front and after your text, like ~~this~~, which will give you this. Hope that helps. :seedling:

4 Likes

allotment is right, you can use strikethrough formatting with double tilde…
You can check the syntax here: Markdown Cheat Sheet | Markdown Guide

2 Likes

The ability to see how many likes you have used/left. A like o meter

6 Likes

I dont know if it been talked about but maybe show who’s online?
I have an example of another forum I can pm if interested

1 Like

Thank you. This fixes me up good :+1:

Thanks brother :pray:

2 Likes

It is not part of the core software for a reason. This feature is unfortunately very demanding on server resources, so it is not recommended for sites above certain level of traffic :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:astonished:

Man I wish I’d known this…

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes