OG Website Feature Wish List

How about the ability to turn off like counts for my own posts, and maybe a separate ability to turn off notifications for specific badges, such as the ones associated with likes? I enjoy giving out likes, but I don’t want to know about them on my own end. Too distracting to the mission.

4 Likes

You can disable that notification in your profile

4 Likes

Yeah, but that’s not what I’m looking for. I’m wanting to not see the like count “hearts” on just my own posts. :slight_smile:

I’ll try to find a workaround…

5 Likes

That is not very common request :wink:

You could do some custom CSS change using some 3rd party browser plugin…

5 Likes

Is this to stop people from spamming?

I just don’t know how to shut up sometimes lol

5 Likes

Yes, people intentionally bump the topic to the top and also artificially raise the number of replies (the topic gets more “attractive” than it really is)…

User should amend his last post by editing it instead of double-posting

6 Likes

Editing also bumps it to the top though in my experience.

3 Likes

Years ago we had this feature on OG. We quickly grew too large for it. In those days I would go on and there would be 8 or 10 people logged in!

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

7 Likes

Texas huh???
I’m on another forum that has that feature.
Usually 50 or 60 on

1 Like

Went out to the shed this AM and there are hundreds of flying ants all over. I don’t know if they are Carpenter Ants or Termites. I don’t know if they pose any problems for plants or are just annoying.
Anybody seen this?

Blessings…

1 Like

Yeah. You?

2 Likes

Yes I am. Central

2 Likes

Can I search messages on mobile? I hate that I only see the message title and not who the conversation is with. Makes it really hard to find a conversation if it doesn’t have a unique name.

3 Likes

Sure, you can…

Fill in “Posted by” and tick “In my messages”.

6 Likes

Is there a way to view them with the persons name?

2 Likes

Well it’s a pleasure! I’m in the Hill Country. Our paths shall cross one day.

Blessings…

2 Likes

Not that I know about…

If you mouse over the icon, then it will show you the username, but I don’t think that is what you are looking for.

3 Likes

Would be nice to be able to just delete posts if possible without the words along the lines of this post has been deleted and will be removed in 24 hours unless flagged.

2 Likes

It actually helps a lot us moderators, because we see the “trace” of deleted post (and it doesn’t just disappear). I don’t see any way how it could interfere… It is a public board after all so we should think twice before posting :wink:

There could be potential case of misuse when anyone could post something offending and then delete it before staff notices…

6 Likes

Not every deleted post is someone flaming/being offensive. A lot of it is mixed in with discussion about other things. I can see how it might be useful for moderation but as a user I find it a bit pointless for there to be empty posts all over the forum. I think if you posted something and change your mind it should be able to be deleted right away so 40+ people don’t have to read that it will be deleted in 24 hr wondering what the person might have added to the convo or said.

I’m sure most people think more than twice before posting things but can easily change their mind hours or days later. It bumps the thread to the top of the list only for you to go to a deleted message.

2 Likes