Opinions on this osram led

That one may have some good internal components!
What kind of wattage does it pull from the wall?
Those diode holes may be close to the size of the Vero 10 series cobs.

1 Like

That photo is an excellent demonstration! Great review!

Iā€™d read in one of the many ads on Amazon that Bridgelux was a superior cob. Some of the lighting sites say CREE is also a a high efficiency cob. I havenā€™t seen anything on the Citi yet. Iā€™ll do a search on these and see if I can get some kind of comparison figures.

Some of the lights I looked at on lighting sites use the CREE 7 band cob and claim the 7 band is the best. Could be sales propaganda. Need some facts to back it upā€¦

Iā€™m very excited. Next week I am ordering a SolSheet original and a SolStix X3 (for my clone box). I thought itā€™d take me a year to save for a Timber ā€œFattyā€ light. I may still get that one eventually, but the conversion should make me happy enough to be able to take my time saving for the Fatty.

My grows are moving into the 21st century. :hugging:

1 Like

I didnā€™t know they had a plug and play. I thought they are DIY,

1 Like

If I recall correctly, he does sell ready to run kits, you could ask @Baudelaire just to be sure.

2 Likes

yes it is true. green light will not disturb the plants. you can use green bulbs in your room for doing maintenance or a green headlamp etc.

not really for horticulture LEDs. most reputable LED grow light companies will only list true wattage unless youā€™re on amazon or something.

youā€™re correct, it can never be more than the input so you wonā€™t get 600w out of 400w. only some of the power is converted to photons while the rest is wasted as heat etc so 400w of HPS will only actually generate ~100w of lumens whereas efficient LEDs will generate ~200w+ of light (actual numbers unknown, just going off the percentages buddy above posted). iā€™d say 650w of high efficiency LED would replace 1000w HPS no problem.

@GreenCaciqueHawaii osram are good diodes but with amazon sellers etc they often use flashy words like osram, cree etc but you have no way of knowing if they are the newest top bin diodes or older bottom bins. unless they are stating specifically which diode, just saying ā€œosramā€ could be good or bad depending

2 Likes

The ones they are usinfun is opto semiconductor series i did research the line and looks pretty good are a lot more efficient emmithing photons

Iā€™m not surprised I never heard of it. I was growing in a vacuum for a dozen years. After OG had the FBI notice when I went back once, I stopped even going online for growing information. I didnā€™t have a VPN, I had a teenage son and I was trying to pay a mortgage on not enough money. There was no way I could have afforded a lawyer, so I didnā€™t risk it. Easily and affordably accessible VPNs made a big difference in my life. Since I am a compulsive torrent downloader, I have multiple uses for VPN.

It is very good to know. There have been many times that would have come in handy. :disappointed:

1 Like

that would be about 35w/sqf which imo is sufficient with high efficiency diodes. i suppose it also depends on hanging height. i ran about 45w/sqf in my 4x4 with the plants maybe 12" from the light and didnā€™t have any burning but i do think i stunted them a bit. iā€™m running about 36w/sqf and i think iā€™ll yield the same or more, just increase my GPW

1 Like

@legalcanada, that is what I currently am running with my 750W HPS. It is a 4x4ā€™ area in a 4x10ā€™ room. My ratio is 46.875w per ft2. My plants burn all the time. I just moved the to 15" below the reflector 2 weeks ago because leaves on the 2 plants closest to harvest were burned up. They seem happier like this but the lower stuff is smaller than the grows where I had the tops of the plants closer to the lamp.

I am very much looking forward to having more light with less heat. First I need to take care of my Veg chamber because I am going to grow my LowRyder x LaDiva autos in there. The next month, Iā€™ll start with the Anjeet lamps with upgraded cobs. The total should be around $550.

It seems I should order one of each and mount them to see which throws more light, then go with the winner.

3 Likes