Original 80's pnw hashplant

@lordofloud on insta new account

Youtube is immune to my jolly band of jealous promoters lol so still going strong lol

mm

3 Likes

Is it salmon creek? Is it skelly? Is it the pure? Basically anything from 88 in pnw bc is original to me.

Maybe some folks on here are from the sunshine coast and can enlighten us all a little more?

mm

@SHSC-1 werent you asking about or for this strain in another thread ?

whatever that is in the pics a few posts up… is nothing like the old BC hashplant. The sunshine coast crowd didn’t have the hashplant I seek because I was forbidden to share it. I have grow connections in the sunshine coast since the early 90’s.
I have pretty much surmised that what I was growing was a biker cut and only those affiliated were allowed to grow it.
The original BC hashplant from those days grew more like a bubba kush or a cookies in it’s flower expression. It didnt grow big colas , it grew golf ball nugs like an OG
The sunshine coast crowd grew what is called the “BC light green hashplant”. I have a good stock of these genetics in seed form. Pics in this thread don’t look like her either.
I’ve been involved in the growing scene in BC … surrey, delta, langley, mission, chilliwack, Roberts Creek, Gibson’s, Powell River, Egmont… and more since 1989…
The “80’s PNW hashplant” in the pics in this thread don’t look at all familiar to me as a “BC hashplant”

17 Likes

Thanks for your feedback.

This came from roberts Creek. Please stay tuned as I’m rocking her outdoors. And I cannot verify the pics I was sent. Dudes could have been blowing smoke who knows?

Will have my own data mine as the season progresses

mm

8 Likes

P.s. in all those years you must have some pics.

Would love to see some

mm

1 Like

I am growing Purple Indica S1 from CSI.

Back in those days most growers weren’t taking pictures and in most of the grows I was associated with… taking a camera to a grow op could get you beaten or killed in the wrong crowd LOL… or busted. I have some pics from back then but not many I can find.

22 Likes

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I know exactly what you mean.

This cut came from very old bikers. Very common in any rural b.c. settings. Plus where all my most potent genes ever came from.

Hopefully you can help possibly troubleshoot shoot this cut as she grows. Just waiting for a tarp for the hoop house and need a long extension cord for lighting it.

mm

7 Likes

Just dropped by this thread to say, I love reading about the plants that used to come through the Sunshine Coast/ island!

6 Likes

Sorry for slacking on this thread.

It was winter one day and then summer the next. Been slammed by spring.

I threw one in the ground and gave a few out to some folks to keep alive for me. Also have a few more going to a texada timewarp male seed sight and a columbian gold seed breeding sight.

If sensational this season is what you are after this season maybe disappointing. If it’s a blast from the past you will be stoked.

mm

7 Likes

Took a few pics. Heat wave. No rain and all sun made for a bit of transplant shock. Growing daily now.

Apprehension is strong now not knowing if it’s pre nevil or post nevil hp. Expecting her to finish first out of all the strains in the garden.

mm

9 Likes

This is what I’m thinking it is just going off some nl1 leaf structure

Hash Plant x Northern Lights #1 F-1 Hybrid

One of the most famous indoor cuttings horn the Northwest USA. Hash Plant is named for its hashy tasting, highly resinous buds. When crossed to our best NL #1, it produced some of the strongest specimens that I have over smoked. Here in Holland, even experienced smokers have had trouble finishing a joint of Hash Plant/NL#1. This hybrid has abundant resin, very fast finish, and a pleasantly narcotic high. It is easy to clone and most of the seedlings tend to grow to a single bud.

Indoor Data
• Height at 100days: 36-50 inches
• Flowering period at 12 hours of darkness 40-45 days
• Yield at 100 days, up to 85 grams

mm

1 Like

sorry to break the bubble but that looks nothing like the 80’s pnw hashplant.
The leaves are too long and thin by a long shot.
There is also the BC Light Green Hashplant which was the predominant “hashplant” grown on the sunshine coast. I have ziploc baggies of those seeds, direct from sunshine coast grow families. Whe I was touring the sunshine coast in the 90’s, which i did very often, they did not have the indoor knock your socks off, blow your hair back, glue you to the couch hashplant.
you speciment looks like the light green hashplant right out of the gate.
I don’t think you can assume what you have is Hashplant x NL1 without growing it out beside a legit version. The chain of custody is just not there to be making those claims when looking at a very young plant.
So many people are seeking this plant… the true 80’s indoor hashplant which seems to have gone extinct somewhere in the early 2000’s.

With all the new hashplant work out there with the Skelly, the Puck and legit HP/NL genetics I have been scouring every grow thread I could find on those, being that several breeders are currently releasing work based on those original lines. None of them look like the old hashplant and none of the smoke reports fit either.

If it’s still out there… a forum grower has not found it yet.
I’m not trying to be a dick either, this is just a plant that I am intimately familiar with and I want to see it found. No dice yet.

10 Likes

Well.

I appreciate you taking the time to share. It’s honestly why I started the thread.

Like I said before. After posting pics online when I first got the mom a had a few old-timer from ssc blow me up for a cutting. They shared pics of what I’m growing.

Maybe the title of the thread isn’t accurate? It’s not by design. But by my limited knowledge of this specimen. I got her too late last summer to grow her.

I hope you stick around and lend some more knowledge as things progress

mm

4 Likes

Here is a couple shots of some pnwhp x puck from crickets and cicadas. Curious what your thoughts are @SHSC-1 ?

14 Likes

nice looking plants :wink:
My honest take is that the leaves look too “kush-type” if that makes sense.
Also they lack the pronounced wideness and more rounded out leaf tips i would associate with the old hashplant. I have been really following the latest stuff I can find on the Skelly and the Puck and the new releases of those lines. Some folks have finished grows and done smoke reports and nothing describes her and the finished plants don’t resemble any familiarity for me.

Now to give myself a reality check… I do realize we all might be thinking of different hashplants when someone says BC… 80’s hashplant. The one I had was obtained thru biker affilliated grows that operated in the Langley/White Rock/Maple Ridge/Mission BC areas. Often they were underground or in big hay barns with the grow rooms constructed inside and then hay bales were covering the entire grow structures. I liked those places especially. It was so fuckin james bond LOL cameras everywhere, motion sensor alarms, the dogs on patrol and you would have to shimmy down the one wall between the wall and hay bales and then finding the right hay bales, remove them to expose the doorway entrance to the grow rooms.
At that age it was a real privlege to be on those trim crews and I have many fond memories. We rarely saw any patch bikers at these places when we went there to trim so it was a pretty chill scene. The hashplant I call the BC Hashplant is the one given to me as partial payment for running the trim crew.

So I got the champagne seeds a little bit ago from a very solid source and I will pop those this coming fall/winter and see what’s up. I have a feeling that Champagne isn;t it either because 2 “big time” growers I knew back then, Monty and Aaron both grew the champagne and I remember it being really good, but not the same.

I get hints of that old hashplant in the 88g13hp seeds that were from barefrog … just hints of that sandalwood on the exhale… but otherwise nothing else is similar about it. He sent me some more seeds to go thru this fall/winter as well so we will see.

I so want someone to find it here in BC or perhaps in Oregon or Washington. These are the places where some 70+ year old grower still has it in his garden and has no idea it’s a holy grail to some of us hehehe

hmmmm I also just received Dutchgrown’s G13-IX Lot#GIX0810 which were sold by Gypsy Nirvana on Seedbay a decade + ago. These would be an IX (full sibling incross) of Heremtic Genetics Pacific G13 from my understanding. Also the G13 used by Mota.
These were not widely shared and only so many packs were released.
So I have some hashplant hunts to do starting with open pollenation of all of these packs… then the pheno hunts begin.

18 Likes

I just want to add (this is by no means a criticism or condemnation) that in bc and the west coast most bikers live in the country. Or more rural. They ate also responsible probably for some of the best bud and breeding /spreading genetics then any inherent group.

To say it all hippies live sunshine coast is not very accurate at all. Most of the best outdoor kind were brought there by vets / bikers as they are one of the same (often times not always)

I cherry picked a link for reference. But this clone came from biker associates family. The 88 hp I have.

There are alot more links to disprove the ssc hippie theory. When pot was 4000 usd in canada a pount. And people had acres of it growing. Dread locks and tie die shirts were not protecting these million dollar harvest (im sure some were hippes) it was guns and muscle

mm

6 Likes

The stories we tell as stoners. Hahaha. I’m with SHSC on everything about the HP though. I’d love a legit old HP with that sandalwood knockout smoke. Disappointed to hear about the Puck work from C&C. Had high hopes for that.

3 Likes

I love your avatar and handle lol!

2 Likes