Overfed? My best guess. Nope, probably mites. THRIPS, THRIPS THRIPS

I have a number of different varieties of plants from a cross, some seem to be more susceptible to the error of my ways. I am thinking overfed.

3 Likes

Looks like bugs
Look on the underside of the leaves

7 Likes

I agree with hydro. Check for spidermites. Looks like their damage.

5 Likes

Calcium def or bugs… Could be chem trails lol

What are you feeding? Strength? Frequency?

Can we see the rest of the plant? Lol

4 Likes

Hate to say it @bunny , but I would check for mites. Scope the plant, particularly under the leaves and around the veins. You may also see other signs like eggs or excrement.

10 Likes

Agree, spider mites :sweat:, these were mines …

6 Likes

Little leaf sucking Borg bastards…

10 Likes

Sorry for the bugs but look at that stem.
Pretty purple

2 Likes

Phosphorous deficiency maybe? :grin: Hate to say but had to toss them all … :disappointed:

1 Like

3 Likes

Sure looks like bugs left some stuff behind to me but the pics are not the greatest zoomed in.

6 Likes

For sure looking like eggs and frass to me…

3 Likes

Little light color to translucent bugs?

3 Likes

Thrips maybe?

6 Likes

Looking at ur pic. its mites bromigo…

3 Likes

And when I finally got over my aphid scourge.

So now what? I am growing these for seeds and figure at least two three weeks at least. Some plant types of this cross are more susceptible than others it seems. Cull them as being less pest resistant? Or did the pest just start there and had a head start on that plant?

If they have good conditions (high temperature and low humidity) they will reproduce themselves and infest the rest of the plants, seems the start of a severe infestation:

Captura

In that later flowering stage there’s nothing you can do (except cull them). Check the other plants now you know what to look at, culling it’s a tough decision but having those bastards multiplying themselves and expanding is an apocalyptic vision, better give them no chances at all … avatar38|nullxnull

Edit: this looks more like thrip damage, did you have them also in this plant? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

I was thinking thrips too which is way better than spider mites. Thrips you can get rid of with a few spinosad treatments.

3 Likes

These plants are more a breeding experiment. I crossed two CBD plants and the 20 female plants had three males pollen hit a branch or two. I left a segment unpollinated to see what the plant would produce (some ended up pollinated anyway). So other that getting enough smoke to decide which plant’s seeds to run next the shape they are is of little importance. I figure I have at least three weeks to go to get ripe seeds.

I will have to check the clones that I took off them, I recall some looking a little ragged. I do not want to lose the stuff I have in veg but if I need to to get rid of the buggers I can start over again. I do have the female of the cross I do not want to lose as I want to back cross with it after a couple of generations.

I have not seen anything flying around, I can put out some pest strips to see if they catch anything.

1 Like