Overfed? My best guess. Nope, probably mites. THRIPS, THRIPS THRIPS

I’ve heard bumping up co2 levels to like 1500 or more for an hour can kill them

Do inspect those clones … :sweat:

It looks like thrip damage to me also, I experienced them earlier in veg. Dr Zymes for a month or so knocked them down but wouldn’t eradicate… till I got 1500 ladybugs. That took care of them… just in time for flower…

Havent seen a thrip since. Tought me a lesson to use a preventative step in my grows.

5 Likes

I’m a fan of predators too. Ladybugs like to fly though is my only complaint about them. But there’s lots of predators that don’t fly into fans and shit.

But that looks more like spider mites than thrips. What rhymes with thrips?

3 Likes

I used to have an aphid problem when I was in coco. I knocked them down but could not get rid of them until I went to soil on this grow. To limit my risk I baked the soil in the oven to get rid of any critters. Not sure where these came from. I found a ladybug outside in the late fall, took it in and threw it in my veg tent not expecting too much. Weeks latter I was watering my plants and a pissed off ladybug crawled out of the soil and onto the side of the pot.

I agree, mites feed by piercing the leaf of the plant and sucking the juice out. Like what we are seeing in these photos

Thrips rasp the surface of the leaves and eat what oozes out. This looks more like wet spots on the leaves.

Do you have a microscope or jewlers loupe? You may need to use it to identify the pest.

8 Likes

I can not stress enough.

Use beneficial nematodes!! I dont have pests and still treat my soil with them. They handle almost anything! They will go 90days. I treat 2x a year unless I see foreign bugs in the house olants… for us soil growers…

4 Likes

With all the Help and Input no matter how you cut it, them leaves look like your Infested with any of these .

What kind of bugs get on cannabis plants?
The most common cannabis pests include thrips, whitefly, spider mites, leaf miners, aphids, and cabbage loopers, among others. In the ganja community, the inchworm-like looper caterpillars are also referred to as “bud worms

1 Like

I don’t know if there is a lot I can do at this point, just waiting for the seeds to ripen. Then it is cut them all down. Put out some sticky tapes yesterday, nothing on them today. I hope to keep the clones free of whatever the flowering plants have. I have some new CBD plants courtesy of the good people here, would like to see what would happen with them. Just going to play it by ear.

2 Likes

At least you could defoliate every single damaged leaf and burn them, if you just sit and stare they will propagate themselves and will be too late to get rid of them before the next grow.

If you’re not going to smoke those buds and just want to make seeds you could hit them hard with some product, also the clones as IPM … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Damaged leave? Almost all of them have some damage. I do want a sample of each plant to smoke to find out which one to continue on with the seed breeding experiment. From what I have read the only real sure way of getting rid of them is to get rid of everything and start new.

I guess there is no reason to keep the clones. Normally you would wait to see which female has the traits you want after flowering and then hit that plant’s clone with some pollen. But I hit them all with pollen, I could sample each plant and the winners would have the current seeds run after all the current plants are gone. It is disappointing but life never promised me roses (and I would fuck them up also).

1 Like

Definitely thrips. I like to soak my plants in a fresh dose of btk to kill them off. Put some in the soil too, in case they are reproducing there. I don’t see a single web, so I highly doubt mites.

2 Likes

Looks like mite damage to me.
Definitely a bug of some sort.

Yeah, that is why I am not sure about spider mites, but I read there are three different varieties. I don’t know. I did see one scurrying along on a leaf when I had my scope out, they are pretty small. I doubt I can find anything with BTK around here at this time of year.

1 Like

The stone-cold mite test is you take your thumb and finger run them over the leaf and then check your thumb for green streaks.

Earlier I did that on a couple of leaves and did not see anything. Then I used my scope and found one. It was small even with the maximum magnification. I went to try and find others right now and had no luck. Either they are hiding on me when I come or they only come out at night (joke). Saw a couple of eggs, not much else.

I ordered Dr Zymes from amazon…

2 Likes

Ships internationally, select English and it shows a US flag. Try to change to Canadian dollars, no lick. A whole bunch of other currencies but I guess we are not as important as the Kazakhstan Tenge. It is $36 US with $30 delivery for a 32 oz bottle.

1 Like

It’s not available in Canada.

1 Like

They do say this.

" Until customs approval process is complete, we will not be able to ship Eliminator brand to Canada. However, Canadians may order our cleaner , which is just as effective. International orders may contact us directly via telephone or e-mail to inquire about shipping rates."

Don’t know if the cleaner is just as effective as they say but may be worth looking at.

That said I am sure Canadians must have an effective treatment available for such things.

2 Likes