Paonia Purple Paralyzer seed run "CLOSED"

It’s the wuflu

1 Like

Hi Doug, you could try this method I grabbed from Serious seeds, good luck anyway … beer3|nullxnull

How to germ.pdf (1.9 MB)

7 Likes

Thanks George1961. I use this method to an extent. I use a germination station instead of a plastic bag and bury the seed with tap root a bit under the surface so it helps remove the shell but otherwise it’s much the same method. This is the first time to ever lost a cracked seed let alone 2. A bit disheartening since these seeds are hard to get but this time will be better. I appreciate the info, it’s a pretty cool PDF to add to my collection so thanks very much for it.

7 Likes

Same thing happened to me on my Zamaldelica grow.
Turns out another poster told me Ace recommended planting directly into medium. And it worked!

4 Likes

I have never done that but I may this time. This strain seemed sensitive. Could just be I screwed up somehow but it was going text book until it hit the coco. Thanks man, I appreciate the info.

3 Likes

Here’s the link and thanks @tomGT :

3 Likes

I plant directly into medium every time. Vegteble seeds or canna no difference to me. Usually get around 90 percent germ and no paper towels to fuss with.

9 Likes

Yeah!
Like wth is with tomato seeds?
I plant two to a pot and up pop three!

7 Likes

When they ferment the seeds to prepare the tomato seeds for storage they sometimes stick to one another as they are so thin, therefor it may seem like you are planting 2, but you easily could have planted an extra without realizing. I’ve done it many times.

8 Likes

I am open to try. I have always used my method and have not had one seed not grow out but hey, they fill libraries with the stuff I don’t know. Many roads the the watering hole. Thanks for the input gentlemen.

7 Likes

Myswell just stick with your method man if it works great for you. Can’t get perfect every time.

Edit. Not much trumps personal experience

9 Likes

I have to admit it’s fun to do the baggie sprout and some plants and varieties of such actually perform better.
I’ve grown scutellaria nana from seed as well as psychotria viridis, lagochilus inebrians and peganum harmala. using the baggie method so I know it works with these almost impossible to sprout seeds.
The trick to going weeks or months with the baggie method is to use a 4 to 1 H2O to H2O2 wetting solution and use coffee filters instead of paper towels. Replace them every week or so.

5 Likes

I suppose, just never had one die on me, lol. It’s all good. 4 more seeds soaking, this is going to get done.

4 Likes

The paper towel method, tried and true! My first grade teacher tought me that with kidney beans (the first plant I ever grew) and also taught me the word germination. Been using it with success ever since.

8 Likes

Never tried here embaressed_smile|nullxnull, I drop them in water with some drops of peroxide and then once they have a remarkable tail switch to Serious seeds method. So as Chronickyle said it is just finding a method that works for you and stick to it.

Last time I used paper towels for germination was in school and in reality as I am old and they were not invented yet: we used cottons … frech|nullxnull

11 Likes

I soaked them in a shot glass with water and labs for 12 hours. I then used the same water in a paper towel, which quickly hit me was dumb, in retrospect.

I’ve been getting very good germ rates using labs though.

3 Likes

After I soak, I put a moist paper towel on the bottom of a deli/sauce container and put the seeds on top of that. Then I close the lid. Once I see a tap root coming out, I plant into the starter media, wether it be a peat pellet, or cup of promix.

4 Likes

It looks like damping off from the soil being to wet , I keep the soil around the actual seedling dry and add small amounts off water from the edge but not enough to turn all of the soil dark. I’ve found some strains are alot more sensitive to this then others.

10 Likes

Youll get her just keep trying and remember theres more than one way to skin a cat so if something isnt working one way dont be afraid to change it up. Keep learning and having fun

3 Likes

The seedling is in coco and I never let coco be dry, always moist. I have not run into any issue like this before so it is possible you are correct and it is more sensitive. I may use my coco plugs this time. This was also the first time I used a solo cups, always used coco plugs. The Cheese and Wedding Cheesecake autos are doing fine but the 2 ppp either didn’t surface or slumped over a day later. Perhaps the lack of air getting to the medium is keeping it too moist for the little things.

3 Likes