PayPal Accounts

I can buy on a credit card from the delivery dispensaries - im in cali

Check out ledger

Seeds may be ok under the 218 Farm Act Revision, but Federal Financial Laws regarding Financial Institutions havenā€™t changed. As CC Companies, PayPal, Venmo, etc operate in countries where such exchanges are illegal, I can see why they donā€™t want any part of it. You just have to be more subtle. Itā€™s NOT going to change soon, regardless of how we feel. Iā€™ve used all forms of payment, havenā€™t had a problem, except having to notify one CC Company that a purchase was, indeed, authorized and not suspected hacking. Complaining wonā€™t change it. SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Itā€™s just not that. Thereā€™s been seed banks doing it for years. Seeds sales. I have had they tell me they got turned in. I think with PayPal they had to return your money too. If youā€™re not happy, and it could be up to three years if Iā€™m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Good luck. The law is a mess of contradictions. Also, you may be having this conversation in the wrong place if you intend to reform it, realistically speaking.

I have used PayPal for years with no issues at places like Amazon and other vendors even those who sell grow equipment. For anything else like clones etc cashapp is the easy choice for me.

1 Like

NEVER tell them what it is!
ALWAYS say it is money sent to a friend or relativeā€¦ If it is a store name, all you have to say is it is a gift. period.

3 Likes

Seeds are LEGAL in the U.S because they do not contain THCā€¦
Non of PayPals businessā€¦

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/news/dea-seed-sales-cannabis-breeders/#:~:text=In%20January%202022%2C%20an%20official,openly%20and%20without%20criminal%20liability.

2 Likes

I know. They canā€™t be sent to Utah or Kansas . They donā€™t pay the same taxes on PayPal .

Several places werenā€™t taking any more Chitown Coastal Mary because They got turned in .

If the user has the right to have seeds, any manner of impeding said right is illegal. Thatā€™s what laws meanā€¦

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

unless itā€™s a politician, most of those have forms to fill out. not that you have to give correct info, or info at all, but something has to be reported, even if it says ā€œaddress unknownā€. source: i started a superpac a few years ago and had to read up on the rules. wasnā€™t successful, but anyone can start one in about 5 minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection.

:cowboy_hat_face:look at it this way if paypal is a bad busness how has it been here since 1998 and never has been shut down if you think paypal sucks what did you do yourself to deserve the discusion :mage:

1 Like

Seeds are LEGAL in the U.S because they do not contain THCā€¦
None of PayPals businessā€¦

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/news/dea-seed-sales-cannabis-breeders/#:~:text=In%20January%202022%2C%20an%20official,openly%20and%20without%20criminal%20liability .

1 Like

Alpha, sounds a little like, "what did you do to get raped?

1 Like

I have a friend that is a lawyer and he suggested I let folks know there is something that can be done about this.

Here is a piece of the private message he sent meā€¦

I have just been retained to prosecute a claim against PayPal on behalf of a Michigan Seed Bank. If you would be so kind, please forward my name and email to anyone you think has the same type of claim involving seed or other non THC canabinoid derivative. Thanks.

So if you would like to hear what this fine gent has to say on this issue post you case here or if you wish to be private just request the needed information.

I will do my best to help out any and all that I can with the needed info. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There is a 2 day old thread running regarding PayPal now man, you may want to post in there.

1 Like

I am pretty sure this guy is telling you that it was not legal to do that.
Maybe he can do something about it for you.

Seems no one needs any help with paypal then?
Hmmm?
I thought the folks getting their money stolen would be all over this.
I guess I was wrong.
When I first heard someone was going to actually do something about this crime, I was extremely excited.
But you all seem so complacent with being ripped off, I just donā€™t understand that.

My man here says he wants to help out and maybe get your money backā€¦
But folks here just donā€™t seem very interested that at all.
Like they have plenty of money and donā€™t need it backā€¦ :joy:
Who woulda thought?

You get what you put in I reckon.
Good luck to all you paypal users out there getting ripped off.
Just stay complacent, someone else will fix things for you eventuallyā€¦ :smiley:

If anyone needs more info on this topic just post a request here in the thread, and make sure to tag @Pasquale when you do.

Peace
shag

1 Like

I guess now I know why this thread rubbed me the wrong way from the moment I read it. It sounded like a lawyer fishing for clients for a class-action lawsuitā€¦ because thatā€™s exactly what it is. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Not everyone has had a bad experience making a payment using PayPal. The lack of comments and willingness to take up the offer proves that :man_shrugging:

Sorry you feel that way Cormoron.
When anyone sees unlawful conduct like breach of contract or conversion (theft) occurring among people of like minds, I believe being a good citizen means discussing in the public square the conduct and how to address the wrongs caused by the unlawful conduct. That was the reason for my initial post.

2 Likes