Perfect gummies overnighto

After my vitamin C powder arrives I’ll be making another batch. This time documented at each step with pictures. 2 days ago I made another batch and totally forgot to document anything lol.

4 Likes

Good work :+1:

1 Like

I ordered citric acid powder as well. It should arrive tomorrow and I’ll make a batch after that.

I’ll also be making the infused oil from scratch and adding step by step instructions on what I do.
To facilitate batches at 28g or higher I got this thing. :+1:

The biggest compliment I’ve gotten on these gummies is the texture. From multiple people(about 6)
They’re firm enough to hold shape and spring back into shape, but they almost dissolve in your mouth when chewed.

4 Likes

Okay this time with pics and steps to achieve the same results I’m getting with these.

I’m currently making a batch for a friend and my own at the same time lol. So much weed powder lol.

The supplies if you want to completely copy what I did are:
• A large microwave safe mixing bowl or measuring cup.
• An immersion blender.
• A silicon whisk.
• A silicon spatula.
• A square PYREX dish or heat safe square dish like Pyrex(the capital letters matter. Different glass).
• 2 cups Sugar
• 1tbspPure citric acid.
• 1tbsp Pure Vitamin C powder.
• 2 boxes of Starburst Jello.
• 1 box of 4 envelopes Knox gelatin.
• Soy or Sunflower lecithin.
• An electric grinder like a spice grinder or a weed grinder.
• Everclear, Graves, or equivalent 95% abv PGE.
• cold pressed Avocado oil with a 550f smoke point(very important)
• Aluminum foil.
• Parchment paper.
• Weed.
• 80% THC Badder
• 2 paper coffee filters.
• 1 nylon mesh coffee filter.)
• 1 ball jar/canning funnel.
• a silicon dish to decarb badder.
• 2 tbsp Xanthan gum.
• 1/3 cup Light corn syrup.
• 1/2 cup Agave syrup.
• 1 cup Lemon Balm leaves.
• 1 sheet pan.
• A blender.
• 1 quart jar
• An infrared thermometer.

And now to the steps.

First set aside about 4g bud and lemon balm to add at the end, then grind the other 24g weed to a kief like fine powder.

And now my dinky zip bag lol

Preheat oven to 240f.
While preheating place parchment paper on the bottom of the sheet pan. Add weed on top of that and tightly cover with aluminum foil.
Place in oven and preheat to 240f again to ensure proper temperature. Let the weed decarb for 40 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when it smells like a nutty musky smell. Like if you went into a wet basement and opened a can of nuts. That’s just how a full decarb smells to me. It’s a distinct odor. I cam tell if bud is decarbed like the moonrocks I have.

While the bud is cooling down prepare the filter setup. I used fresh bud, so I have an extra stage of using my nose to finish decarbing the freshly harvested weed. Plus I ran out of avocado oil.

After it’s cooled down to room temperature add the everclear and the avocado oil to the blender and pulse for a little bit to mix until opaque. Add the bud at this point and blend for about 1 minute. Pour into the filter setup slowly until fully filtered. Add extra everclear over bud to ensure as much as possible is in the final product. Press the solids down and once it feels like damp used coffee grounds it can be composted. It will separate with time without lecithin or another emulsifier.

You’ll want the silicon spatula to get every last drop out of the jar into the PYREX dish and evaporate it at 160-175f in my case I can’t go as low as 160, so 175f it is. It’ll be finished when it seems thicker than avocado oil. It’ll almost have rounded edges against the glass.

There’s a lot of anthocyanins in the extract. I hope they survive the solvent transfer. This isn’t the full extract. It filled the jar to 800ml. This is also where you can add other herbal extracts, I added some lemon balm to this batch.

Once the extract has been fully solvent transferred to the avocado oil add to the jar and take out 1/3 of the volume for later. Set aside for the end.
I did 28g of dried bud and 70+g of wet weight bud at around 28g dry weight. A little over, but it was nice frosty bud around 25-40% cannabinoids. My stripping methods may have ruptured a lot of trichomes.

My extract has retained the anthocyanins apparently lol.
Add lecithin for full extract of any oils that may stick to the walls and fall out of solution.
In my current case I’m doing an 8 part split.

Set aside 2 gelatin envelopes and bloom them with a tablespoon of water. Next sart mixing up the gummy mix in the microwave safe measuring cup or bowl. Mix until fully hydrated and no dry patches remain. Microwave in 30 second bursts until it starts to boil. Whisk until smooth. Microwave until bubbling has doubled or tripled in volume. Remove from microwave and add bloomed gelatin to the mix and whisk until smooth again and gelatin has fully melted in. Once mixture is at 180f or lower add in the weed oil set aside earlier. Use the immersion blender to emulsify things now until mix turns opaque.

Pour into oiled or nonstick sprayed PYREX dish. Mix gently with the silicon spatula while it cools to keep the skin from being a different color on the top. It’ll start setting as you pour into the dish, so be fast. After about 5 minutes stop micromanaging the mix and let it cool to room temperature and then add to the fridge. After 12 hours It’ll be fully set. After 2 days it’s no longer sticky, so if you want to add sour sugar, then cut after 12 hours.

Use a 10x10 grid for ease in cutting.

5 Likes

Nice writeup, @OniTenshu

1 Like

Wow y’all really go all out with these recipes, I just throw some infused coconut oil into jello, water, sunflower lecithin, and gelatin and I’m done lol. Trick is to really make sure the oil and water and lecithin are nice and homogenized. They turn out nice and firm.

1 Like

Yes. Your point exactly. No matter the lecithin used make sure it’s opaque before you pour. You can stir a little to remove the white hue, but honestly just say they’re like Scooby-Doo gummies lol