Ph meter going crazy

So after every use I put it in the solution or how offer? Thanks bro didn’t even know they did this solution lol

1 Like

You ph meter will come with a cap and most should have a small sponge in the cap. Make sure the cap stays moist so when you’re not using it your probe stays wet

3 Likes

I’ve been using my dr meter for the last 8 months solid and have recalibrayed it only a handful of times even though I probably only needed to once. Every so often I do it just to make sure. It’s a $30 meter well worth it imo. Ive never used a storage solution so i can’t speak to it

1 Like

In use a cheap Plant it brand ph meter. Always use a storage solution in the cap to protect the probe. It mentions it in most versions instructions. Also Some cheap meters only do 300/350 readings before they really really drift

1 Like

Continuous reading. Calibrate once a month. 20 years and always accurate to .1 drift. Well worth the money . Company is still in business. I turned about 5 other growers over to this. Can run on battery or order it with 9 volt adapter.

mix your nutes 1/4 strength until you get a new meter.

6 Likes

Thank youyyy :ok_hand:

1 Like

As has been said make sure to keep the cap with some storage solution to keep the bulb wet at all times.

2 Likes

So do you just keep it on all the time or turn it on/off as you use? Do you also just keep the probe in the res at all times?

2 Likes

Used to just use it straight after use put the cap on an put it away until next time lol

Yep, its sold through a saltwater fish supply house. I got my first one actually from a pet store. Continuous. I know my P.H. 24/7. https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/pinpoint-ph-monitor-complete-package-american-marine/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItN6-gr6f6wIVqopaBR0u8gGMEAQYBCABEgKJ2vD_BwE

1 Like

That’s all well and good unless you have nutes that color the water. Try using pH drops after using floralitious plus or myco chum lol

3 Likes

My meter just broke last week , a wire broke off a probe and it wouldn’t read below 8.0. I ordered a Dr meter off Amazon and so far im pretty pleased. I ordered the new model and its super easy to calibrate. Comes with a carry case and 2 packs of each calibrate solutions.

4 Likes

Nice one bro :ok_hand:

Hahaha yhh that meter looks good think I’ll get this before the pinpoint which is abit expensive cheers mate

I add red food coloring to my Dyna Bloom so I can tell them apart when mixed. Weirdly the Grow and Bloom formulas are both electric green…but when I have the water in the test tube to check pH it’s less obvious, but I do somewhat adjust for color a smidge to account for the slight reddish or greenish tint to the water.

What’s myco chum? Do you use it to attract vegan sharks lol?

3 Likes

Thats what i use. No issues and periodically recalibrate but have only really had to like once in the last 8 months. Good choice

1 Like

I had a much more expensive meter and it only lasted 6 mths so I’m done with those

2 Likes

i have had my bluelab handheld for a good 5 years now. i store it in fert solution, it was a bit more than a 100$ paid for its worth a while ago

2 Likes

If you’re running soil it feels the beneficial bacteria and it’s a good pH down if you want to keep from using chemicals. The shit stinks bad enough to attach sharks lol

1 Like

I’ve got a blue lab combo has to be over 3 years so far no problems just have to keep the ppm probe clean and ph probe hydrated . Calibrate every few months I use it mostly to check nutrient ppm more than ph my water never really changes from 6.2