Planning a new grow area, few q’s

Hey gang!

I’m currently sketching up a new grow area, closets style. One of my spare bedrooms have 3 areas without windows/doors blocking. And 260cm from floor to ceiling.

1. What heights are needed for the plants to stretch?
  2. Will 8 plants have enough room, 120x60cm ground space?
  3. What size are the most used pots for drip systems, liters?

Appreciate any feedback:)

1 Like

Extremely new, and in fact on my first grow but here we go!

1. Depends on the strain. Some of the strains I’ve chosen can grow 4’, but I’m learning with my solstrips they just don’t want to stretch!

2. I have a tent 2x4x8, which is the same as the area you are describing. Think the plants all depends on what growing style you will be using. Some of the strains I’m planning on growing would only fit 2 plants in that setup. Big beasts!

3. I use Autopots and each pot is 3.9g, again I want to grow giant plants. Only allowed 4 by law here.

My first plant has been abused badly and 2 of them would be perfect in this setup. I honestly would be worried to see how big she would be if I was good at growing lol.

1 Like
  1. Plan for the plants to double in size from 12/12 light setting though some Sativa’s will triple
  2. If they are all the same strain, small indica’s and flipped at ~3-4 wks old, maybe. Though to be on the safe side, I’d say up to 6 in solo cups, 3 in 3gallon pots, 2 in 5 gallon pots or 1 in a 7 gallon pot…if want just 1 pot to tend, I’d put up to 3 in 20 gallons…really depends on how you want to grow
  3. I use blumats…smallest pot size for me is 1 carrot in 3 gallons…5-7 gallons with drippers, 2 carrots in 10 - 15 gallons with drippers and 3 carrots in 20-40 gallons with drippers

Peruse the grow journals and find a style you like or want to try in a similar sized space and see how its done along with the pro’s/cons :wink:

3 Likes

You’ll have to consider if ya want to do a SOG Or a SCROG , SCROG is a little more difficult getting towards the back if maintenance is required such as defoliation or IPM they both have their pros and cons in small tight places

2 Likes

If your goal is to grow efficiently, grow many plants per m2. Put them in bloom asap.
If your goal is to admire big fat cannabis plants in all their potential glory, grow only 2 plants on that 1.2 x .6 area. It will take longer as the veg period is longer.

As for pot size, I genrally work with 150/200 L per m2. Divide by number of pots for a good pot size. I use 12L for 16 plants in a 1.2 x 1.2.
16 plants like this is almost SOG. A real SOG could be 49 plants in 7x7 in 4L containers. Does not work with lanky plants, but works great with Indica single stem types.

4 Likes

ps, this many plants style is only efficient in small smalls grows, where growing seedlings and/or clones are cheap.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback guys! Helps a lot!
I’ll update this thread as soon as I’ve absorbed the feedback from y’all :slight_smile:

As a small update: I’m going for ROI. Something have to pay for the huge wishlist I have for my hobby :wink:

As a small hint to what I’m trying to achieve here, here is some pictures of my first grow.

I’ll respond tomorrow m how her spawns behave tomorrow as they are currently in 12-12.

4 Likes