Pollen chucked freebie seeds are all gone

I hope they didn’t complain :smile_cat:

1 Like

Alien Rift pollen. :mask:

1 Like

Kalgrae, the seeds are here in order, they love power and a beautiful day

3 Likes

@Kalgrae I hope you don’t mind, but I forwarded my pack from you complete with a sticker to another member here to help him out. His cats will love the care package they are getting in the mail, and this prevents him from having to worry about ordering from “watched” seed banks hehe. We are all probably paranoid but if I can do something to help ease someone’s mind I will!

9 Likes

That’s great @Jellypowered, share the love. PM me and I’ll send you some other stuff I have.

7 Likes

Hey @Kalgrae! I went to google earth and that picture is 17 years old! It was during one of our worst droughts. Notice none of the yards have any grass. Lol.

4 Likes

8 each of #1 and #2 got put into RW cubes yesterday. :sunny:

Happy days

7 Likes

started some of these, picked the premature seeds to use first
germ rates after 4 days are: -
5/6 of #3 83%
6/7 of #2 85.7%
3/6 of DM 50% (biggest seeds of all the crosses)

These were the least viable looking seeds so I would say quite good numbers really

Just put 2 more DM in to soak as I want to make more, though the #2 is looking like a winner already, its out-competeing pure hashplant landrace…

5 Likes

Popped one of the #2 myself. Flipped on the 25th and she’s starting to show. Nice rates @gordongecko. Did you get some good ones as well? @Pedro_Bann happy to see you running them too. Hell, everyone who’s running them! Thanks all!!!

5 Likes

That girl is nice showing pistils quite quickly isnt she…
I did get quite a few good seeds too which I expect have 100% germ rates, saving them…
I took a picture of a DM just so I could see what was going on thought id post it as I think its pretty cool

You can see where I nicked the end when cracking it
1/2 of the ones I put in last night also looked hollow, not sure if these are aborted or just premature? Anyway its not a complaint, Im very happy, just for imformation purposes only
Look at the shell looks really thick close up, cant understand why it makes all that shell with no valid embryo or does that get formed after?
edited the other post as another #3 germed

1 Like

Whoa! Is that the casing after it had germinated or one that failed. Cool shot. My DM turned boy, got chopped yesterday. Took a long time to germ. Had actually given up, then surprise. Was looking pretty good too. Oh well.

Cheers

1 Like

Thats a failed one, weird isnt it, that “empty sack” oohhh eeerrrr missus :grin:
maybe the DM is not meant to be, but wow those #2s are epic

1 Like

I think the casing is just really thick. Makes it harder for moisture to get in and work it’s magic? They were really large seeds, much more so than the crosses. When I can, I’ll pop a bunch for a test. You did get a couple to pop right? :+1:

3 Likes

yeah, you gave plenty man, it is a thick shell. they all passed the squeeze test. just one of those things.

1 Like

Here’s a nice genetic variant of what happens with a pollen chuck. Surprise surprise.

Before the flip. Date unknown.

After flip/4-12-2018

Cheers

8 Likes

Looks doll nice. Plant doll x Mechelle x

2 Likes

I have my tester growing out both packs of these right now, @Kalgrae. I just had a peek at them today. We`ll look for a keeper. (100% germination).
Thanks again :grin:

5 Likes

Got it man! Thanks @Kalgrae!

My kids love the stickers, i kept one! LOL

5 Likes

Diesel moonshine from @Kalgrae

9 Likes

Grow Debriefing and Smoke Report: @Kalgrae

March 6: Planted 3 seeds each from the black straw (#2) and the white straw (#3)

March 27: All plants have pre-flowers at 52 days from planting. All 3 plants from the white straw (purple pheno) were male and discarded. 2 of 3 from the black straw (green pheno) were female and the 1 male was discarded.

April 27: Up-potted 2 female plants into 3.5gal plastic pots of 50/50 Promix/FFOF soil mix and placed into 12/12.

July 9: G3 plant harvested at 72 days flower (12/12)

July 12: G2 plant harvest at 75 days flower (12/12)

I let the plants get too dry about a week from harvest while I was out of town. They lost a lot of leaves (as shown in the harvest pics) but still finished out with no problem. Plants were trimmed and hung and took about 4 days to dry and then went into jars. I didn’t weight them in, but they each made approx 2oz of dried bud.

G2 final product: Wide/fat buds of medium density. Very mild smell of licorice with a hint of Gojo hand cleaner. Very smooth toke with a clean dirt/earthy taste going in and a hash taste coming out. Nice thick and comfortable hybrid type high.

G3 final product: Large fox-tailed buds of medium density. Strong smell of Gojo hand Cleaner. Knicknamed “The Gojo Girl”. Has little harsher taste toking in with a hashy with slight taste of moth balls? on exhale. Same comfortable high as the G2. I haven’t decided which I like best.

My first round of clones about to be harvested. These were flowered in 5gal fiber pots and fed heavier and they seem to like it. They have hit beast mode with giant colas. I expect over 3oz each this harvest. I’ll prob keep both cuts around for a few more grows.

Thank you, Kalgrae for spreading the love in the community. Respect.

~Ganja

10 Likes