Preservation Run! Blockhead Bx by Bodhi **(Closed)**

Legit science here.

7 Likes

Day 1 of stick whacking. Did it about 10 hours ago. No obvious signs of pollinated pistils. Only the male that has shown pollen really released any. So that’s that. We’ll try again in a week or so depending when the others start to drop pollen.

10 Likes

Do you plan to smoke the males? You can learn much about the flavor and potency that they contribute.

2 Likes

I wasn’t planning on it but might try it now. I usually just give it a good stem rub when I chop it and use that as a basis.

4 Likes

So just curious, what part of the male would you smoke?

6 Likes

The dry the leaves, male flowers and pollen. Place the pollen and dried male flowers inside the leaves. Smoke in a bowl to eliminate any additional flavor layers. This will help determine the flavor profile and terpenes. The potency can be judged in this way, as well as making edibles from this material.

Check out this thread on selecting for potency. Senior members @Palindrome and @zephyr shed some light on the dark arts of genetic selection. A truly fascinating read. Enjoy! Breeding For Potency: Selection Methods - #17 by Muleskinner

12 Likes

Thanks bud, would never have even considered that. Off to read that thread, thanks for the info and link.

5 Likes

A friend who has been growing and breeding since the 70s likes to smoke the flowering tips from his males. He just picks the tip of a flowering top with a mix of open and closed male flower pods, dries it like bud, and then smokes it.

Personally I would shake the dried male flowers until they had dropped all their pollen before smoking.

You can definitely catch a buzz from smoking male flowers and get an idea of the effect of that plant. This still doesn’t exactly translate to the high of the females from that line, or the offspring of that male. But it can be very informative.

Personally I prefer to make edibles. cannabis juice gives you a good sense of the medicinal qualities.

8 Likes

Hey Doug, this is also a good reading:

''When you select males from among that preselected stock, you are primarily looking for 3 features, and it is not arbitrary crap you read about somewhere, like stem thickness. It is something you can measure and record. Here they are in order of importance:

1. High Factor: You want it to be stony, however you like it. With the male you can’t be too choosy because you will be smoking leaf. You will test it for stoniness, by finding small veg leaves, 1 ½ inch diameter leaves, and dry them out. Make sure that the leaf samples to be tested are the exact same size(leaf stoniness varies according to size of leaf). Then first thing in the morning right when you wake up, wake and bake. Take 2 dried leaves pack them in a bong first thing in the morning right when you wake up, and take the single biggest hit you can and hold, and hold it for as long as possible, exhale, wait a few minutes and then rate on a scale from 1 to 10. Only one bong hit per test, and only test one sample each day, right when you wake up. Do this a couple times with each sample, if you have time. You will be surprised what a variation you will find, and if you smoke right when you wake up and you have a superior strain, you will also be surprised by how high you will get. Note: if you can finish the bong then you need to use more leaves. There should be enough material in the bong that you can’t finish all of it.
    ‘’
15 Likes

They were given 1 lashing each tonight. Still only that one producing pollen. Hoping the others kick in soon here.

9 Likes

Incredible read. Implementing immediately.

1 Like

Could I request to be put at the bottom of the waiting list for this run and let someone else take my spot? As much as I’d love to give this a go, realistically I have a large enough backlog as it is. I’d rather someone else get a chance to jump in.

4 Likes

Regular Member (Trust Level 3) interested in the waiting list.

I promise not to be a dick and sell, trade, or auction what is given to me without explicit permission.

This and Snow Lotus are two of my bucket list Bodhi strains.

8 Likes

What’re the others? Just curious. Maybe I can help you out. I’ve got way too many seeds. So many that some nights I’ll toss and turn in bed, mad at myself for procuring more seeds than I’ll be able to grow in my lifetime. And I’m only 46! Haha…

Seriously, though, I’d rather someone grow some seeds right now, as opposed to just sitting in my fridge. I’ve got a ton of Bodhi stuff and not enough space or time to grow them all out. Happy to send you a pack or two if I’ve got something on your bucket list.

13 Likes

There are some others but not necessarily bucket list stuff. Some I have F2 of now thank you to @nube No need to clog up this thread but if you want to hit the DM we can chat there. I appreciate you.

4 Likes

Eh… I don’t really wanna hit the DM, but you can if you want. Always happy to talk weed. I was just trying to help you out, but if you’re good, I’m good.

3 Likes

He closed the waitlist folks
:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Sounds like an episode of Vegan Black Metal Chef.

3 Likes

I love that guy’s work!

Hail Seitan!!! :metal:

3 Likes

Week 3 of flowering update…

Whole tent

Males , only one has produced pollen so far which is intriguing to me cause males usually bust fast.

Pollen producer

And the 2 other males

The ladies…

My 2 side project ladies…

That’s it so far. Heat wave for a few days might have an effect on the garden but should be fine.

Starved off the male that already bust. Gonna give it a final whack tomorrow night. Then keep the other 2 alive to see if they drop any pollen.

Has anyone ever had males that made good looking flowers but not make any visible pollen?

Still not perfect but any means but looking promising.

Thanks for looking in still.

39 Likes