Radicle Reefer Organic Medical Outdoor

Well, I have been up potting into 3 gal the past couple days. I find that the 3 gal are a nice root size for the plants to show sex, not get stunted, and still have a little wiggle room in terms of planting time. Also a great size for seeing the true structure and accumulating lots of pollen from males.

11 Likes

Wow. What an amazing lineup. Wish I had room/skill/time/energy for that.

All those NL, AND Puck crosses :astonished: I’d love to pheno hunt literally any of those. I look at the list of seeds I’ve bought and I could swap for those and not miss anything in a lifetime. Amazing selection, amazing is really the only word for it in my eyes.

If you need an extra homie come fall, I’ll be your Huckleberry.

I wouldn’t be able to handle all that plus the veggies (or fruits I guess technically). Really fascinated to watch this and managing such a grow. Don’t hesitate to throw your other crops in the mix here, I love seeing people’s gardens and how they situate things.

A++ start to the season can’t believe it took me a week to notice this thread. I’ll be here watching and learning :+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Wow thanks @FieldEffect ! I appreciate the kind words! I’ll make sure to include updates about the veggies in the future.

Last night went down to 34F!!! Everything seems fine. I put everything under plastic and then an extra fabric cloth, just to make sure. Had to create an annex hoop to fit everyone after up potting. Soon we will be in the clear of any frosts!

Here is a little picture dump of the farm!

15 Likes

Great looking veggies and way to keep them safe. We lost some tomatoes in our hoop house early last month to a cold frosty night unfortunately. Might have to try that double hoop house technique next year.

3 Likes

Glad all survived unscathed, last night it was 3degrees here! Yet two days ago I was in shorts and a wife beater. And today it’s like summer again :man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Yeah double hooping with plastic layer then a thick fabric cloth on top works for low 30’s, but if it gets colder I have done a small space heater in there on low. Have to watch out as the heater can really dry things out. Also a big contributing factor is how long the cold lasts at night and how the next days weather looks as well.

3 Likes

Starting to show sex on some varieties!

14 Likes

Nice! Be interesting to see you finall tally

3 Likes

A bunch of them are for homies gardens, but means I can search the males! Also check em out at friends space and get their feedback!

5 Likes

What a beautiful garden and selection of plants!

What types of tomatoes are your favorite? Quite a variety there too. Do you play with breeding the other plants as well?

3 Likes

Thanks @FieldEffect !

Favorite tomato type would be beefsteaks. Favorite color would be the bicolor types. Some of my special varieties would be mary robinson, ferris wheel, radiator charlies mortgage lifter, livingstons golden queen, black krim, aunt rubys german green, and gold medal.

I grow only heirloom varieties so seed saving is for preservation only. I’m really passionate about open-pollinated heirloom seed preservation.

5 Likes

I’ll have to try some of those. I’m growing Amish Pastes this summer for salsa and sauce. I don’t have the space for too many.

I would have expected that just from your cannabis selections. Fantastic :smiley:

I need to read up on open pollination of veggies. How far away do the plants have to be to minimize cross-contamination? Or is it something you don’t worry about?

3 Likes

It depends if the plant is an out-breeder or in-breeder. Tomatoes and peppers are in breeders so not much distance needed 25 ft to maintain purity. Lettuce is the same as well. In breeders you can maintain a variety without huge numbers needed. They suffer very little with inbreeding depression.

Outbreeders like squash, spinach, and corn need much longer distances up to 2 miles to maintain purity. Also, suffer from in breeding depression so large population sizes are needed.

3 Likes

Going down to 39 tonight then 38 tomorrow. 60’s and sunny now, but will have to cover tonight and into tomorrow.

Everybody is looking happy just one more 30’s tonight and then I think we are in the clear!!!

14 Likes

Yep she was cold last night here too!

3 Likes

Beautiful, looking like they held up well!

1 Like

Thanks @FieldEffect ! Nothing but 80’s in the future here!

15 Likes

They’re happy as can be. That’s a lot of tomatoes. A LOT of everything good :sunglasses: :grinning:

USA?

1 Like