Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Below are some images I just took with my USB microscope. I like less of a couch lock feel and a more active buzz, should I start thinking about the final steps before harvest now?

8 Likes

Thanks for merging my post here. Didn’t realize this thread existed.

2 Likes

All strains is different and you wont know before you have tried different finishing times on the same plant. But a good rule is If you like more indica leaning harvest when all trichomes on the middle bud have cleared up and If you like more of a sativa high, harvest when 10% of the trichomes have turned Amber. Hope this will help you out. Pz

1 Like

Best get any prep work done, you are just about there.

Cheers
G

1 Like

What do you guys think? Start flushing? A week left? Finishing up week 9. I do not like to be couch locked.

7 Likes

Whole plant pic? From what I see she deff has some time left in her …pistols r still reaching for that pollen not ready to settle down yet :crazy_face:

Yeah the lower pistils still look white and are reaching, I just may be getting impatient lol. I didn’t think it would go past 9 weeks.

6 Likes

Eventually within time you will get better at judging when a plants life is coming to an end …
I’m Still learning every harvest …

Typically once the pistols stop reaching for the sky throw their hands down in defeat and start shrinking up is when you wanna check trichomes

Usually happy with the buzz I get from harvest but there’s always that what if I waited longer or if I chipped sooner …usually it’s always what if I waited longer …

I would wait at least 2 weeks

Is 9 weeks from 12/12 flip or once your started to see budlets forming ?

It’s an auto so I started counting from day 1 lol, 9 weeks total. From budlets showing, 5 weeks maybe 6 weeks. Yeah I thought to many pistols were white but I was hoping chop next week. I’m getting impatient smells so good.

2 Likes

Patience will reward you brother best of luck !

1 Like

How am I looking? Trying to decide if I should start the flush now or not.

8 Likes

Looking like they are done in some pics, and not quite there yet, in others, so I would flush now, if that’s what you need to do before the chop.

4 Likes

I used the House + Garden starter kit through this grow, and recharge every 21 days. H+G recommends a flush IIRC, so was going to do around 7-10 days. I hate couch lock highs so not looking for a lot of amber in the trichomes.

3 Likes

Yeah then definitely keep your flush on the shorter side of time, if you don’t like too much couch lock, they are pretty much done, for a more energetic buzz.

4 Likes

Is it true that harvesting while there are still clear trichomes will make the effect more racy?

3 Likes

Depends on the strain really. If it leans indica and you take it early when the trichomes are clear/cloudy it will give you a more sativa effect.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’d heard that. Always good to learn.

3 Likes

What do you OGers think? Another week? Still shooting out white pistils and I’m not seeing a lot of amber trichomes. This is an autoflower, I’m in week 11 from seed.

12 Likes

Give her another week.

2 Likes

Half cloudy. Half clear in the bulb is peak potency. Look for the peak aroma sweet spot then cut it down.

Next I would try full milky white trichomes, test those two stages to determine what your harvest is like at those 2 stages.

Nothing is written in stone for peak potency. But Half cloudy, half clear has the full spectrum of the strain, more psychological impact in that stage.

I’ve had revegged that did great almost full amber, so you never know until you test half cloudy half clear then each stage after that. There is 3 stages of half cloudy half clear trichome heads.
The picture shows what peak potency looks like.

6 Likes