Rhai88 & Friends... Games, Giveaways, and more! (Part 1)

Other than the controllers losing connection ALL the time, no real issues. And not to sound like a fan boy, but it’s all I use. Their stuff is just really good for the price point. So far anyways. No issues with the oscillating fans yet, but I stick a clothes hanger in the corner of the tent to keep the fan from oscillating into it which should help. But I’m going to print myself some of the tent clips like that vivosun high cfm kit to keep the sides from sucking in so I can ditch the hanger.

5 Likes

I also use the hangers. I started after the first quit moving. It’s prolonged the others lives I believe. Although I do have one or two more clicking a bit and another that’s quit oscillating but still rocking along. Also full disclosure. I go against the stated guidelines in the manual and I run mine oscillating 24/7. I won’t use the warranty on the fans again unless there’s a problem right out of the box as I feel I abuse them. :joy:

4 Likes

Exotic genetics are fire

2 Likes

I as well. Fuck them. A fan is meant to be run. I’ve had ceiling fans run non stop for eight years (other than to clean the blades). I’ve only had the aci fans for like six months, but the two I have going at the moment have run 27/7 since I got them.

5 Likes

I don’t know a single person that runs their fans any less than 24/7. I was debating on running them at lights on only and running my vent fan a bit more frequently but I don’t think that’s going to happen. haha

I bought the stationary fans too because I was worried about the motor giving out with the oscillating fans. I think I’ll stick to the stationary ones. never had a problem with them yet. knocks on wood

7 Likes

Did you really have Mass Medical in amongst your choices for best breeder!?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Holy shit that’s comical! Fuck, what has it all come to :disappointed::rage:

Yeah, it’s definitely the oscillating part that gives it up. The fan continues to work just fine it just doesn’t move on it’s own any more. I’m on two out of 6 that have quit moving. The one I returned. Not terrible but not great considering I know at least a couple of the others will quit oscillating as well. I’ll also have a bunch of stationary fans when they finally quit. :joy:
I think the manual says only oscillate for like 18 hours a day and then give it a break. I tried scheduling them at different times so some could rest while others ran but I like them all running.

4 Likes

I’ve had a 40" Honeywell Oscillating Tower Fan running 24-7 for 2.5 months now. Any idea what the lifespan is on those tower fans?

3 Likes

I’ve had one for 6 years now. Not running 24/7 all year, but probably 6 months, so it would be equal to 3 years 24-7.

4 Likes

I don’t understand. I’m guessing you hate MM? Makes me sad to see people hating on the little guys. Is what it is though I suppose 🤷🏻

3 Likes

My other vote is for Bros Grimm for both quality genetics and above and beyond customer service. Also after my recent purchase and conversations I’ll most likely be purchasing from
Authentic Genetics / Todd McCormick again in the future.

2 Likes

Hate? Well, that’s a pretty strong word. Another strong word that I do stand on is integrity. This young kid and his mom are jus marketing mavens. He blatantly stole others work and renamed them as his own, released untested gear all over the place. Duped many into helping and guide him and then fucked everyone over. When he’s called out on his shit he announces his “retirement” from the business but still is in the background scamming folks…its sickening. So, not hate, just a principled decision not to support a scumbag. Do the research if u like, i would just implore others to support the true pioneers and OGs who’ve truly put in work. Just one guys opinion ofc, I ain’t nobody. But if you have no scruples and support fuckery and deception, by all means, buy away.

Have a good one

2 Likes

I said and I quote…

I never said anything about best breeder so not sure where you got that. I threw a few big names in there to see what most of OG was rocking gear wise as a conversation starter/ community engagment. As I stated before I’ve heard there is drama but I don’t read into it.

6 Likes

I’ve wanted to purchase from Authentic for a long while now. I just never got around to it/could afford it with my other purchases lol Will probably grab some beans eventually.

3 Likes

My favorite breeders are all right here at overgrow, but I used to buy seeds. It’s a bitch when you get stuff that bombs from reputable breeder like Sensi or Greenhouse which happens occasionally. Then I tried Doc Ds. Gear for the first time and shazam you find a nice one, it’s a beast.
Temple x Afkansastan x Pakastani

21 Likes

a beauty for sure! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous! Fantastic job!

Now Doc D is a prime example of a breeder’s breeder! :100:

3 Likes

I really wish I could agree with that statement… but I think a pollen chucker with decent luck is more accurate as I can’t say I’ve seen the actually breeding work being done, only making f1 and fast tracking em out in the market to turn the buck

Last year i grew out his Ethiopian banana x Nepali watermelon hp and that fucking thing destroyed my garden, huge larfy plant branches found its way everywhere and was one of the nastiest most troublesome herms ive dealt with that just seeded the fuck out of my greenhouse. Didn’t even let it finish, ripped it out of there pissed off about a monthish into flower and threw that shit in my fireplace but the damage was already done. Can’t even give away that years grow, just been turning it all into hash slowly

Gave some to a buddy to try to push it and he lost his clientele from it

Good breeders stress test their genetics, clearly it was a pollen chuck and untested pushing out packs. That plant left a real sour taste in my mouth when it comes to doc d gear to have to practically trash an entire years full season grow cuz of that plant

Would be nice if breeders went back to making ibls working their lines and offering something stable instead of just making a quick f1 to turn a buck with minimal work and a crapshoot of what to expect

I think that’s why I’ve got such high respect for mandelbrot, they been working their royal kush line for about 11 generations now and is considered their family heirloom. When u buy something like that u know it’s gonna be solid stable and something damn good cuz the time work and testing has been put into something that stood out as a gem

12 Likes

I must have gotten lucky, but there was some variation in the plants I have in flower. One is two foot and one is four foot four. I don’t see any balls on em. We don’t need hermies. :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Wooohooo!
Late mail box check got me giggity!
They made it across the border @Rhai88
Thanks growchacho :seedling:🪴
And thanks for my very first sticker :+1:

16 Likes