Rob’s on going grow journal

Welcome back as well Dank!

1 Like

A few more from this morning.

5 Likes

Are those 3 or 5 gal pots? What soil are you using?

1 Like

Those are 3 gallon, wishing i had got the 3 gal fabric pots… The soil is just cheap stuff from the dollarama store, if you scroll back to about the 5th post i posted a few pics with the soil info.

2 Likes

Some more from today.

9 Likes

Coming along nicely but be careful not to overwater I dont see much perlite in that soil for drainage. Next time mix in a bunch of corse perlite. Stuff is pretty cheap but can make a huge difference

2 Likes

I am definitely being careful, next grow will be better soil… i had a budget and by the time I had everything I needed i had to skimp on the soil cause i had the whole budget spent. I’ve never grown indoor in soil so this is learning experience , only experience in soil is outdoor.

4 Likes

I was in the exact same boat and had to buy cheap veg soil and just mixed in perlite. Everything else is good stuff but went way over budget lol

1 Like

Wish i would have thought to buy perilite to add… it’s pretty cheap

1 Like

12 Likes

I’ve got 60"(5feet) of total height space. Not including the space my carbon filter and lights use… These plants are 12"(1foot) in height I’m reading they double or triple in height in flower would it be a good idea to flip them to 12/12 soon? I know i can tie them down and other options but I’m trying to keep things simple for this first time… However i am open to here everyone’s opinions and still open to not keeping it simple if something interests me lol.

7 Likes

Here is the latest update on my grow.
Monday the 11th will be exactly 14 days of 12/12 light cycle.

All 3 of them.

Northern lights

GG4, also heard it called original glue as well .

Northern lights.

Also found this little 8 legged guy hanging out in my tent, my guess is because it’s warmer in there than the rest of my basement.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Thinking future grows I’m either going to do 2 plants in 3-5 gallon pots or possibly 4 in 1 gallon pots. My tent is 2x4x5 so i think those 2 options would work well…

5 Likes

I use 3 gal bags they work well. Think I just hit 2 weeks of flower today so we are close.

2 Likes

Monday will be 3 weeks for these. I wish i would have used cloth pots, next run i most likely will.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what may be causing this? I’ve searched and searched google as well and I’m still not 100% sure.

6 Likes

Seems like a bunch of us old guys are coming back, given the peat moss in your dollatastic soil, I’d check ph and make sure it isn’t creeping down. At the very least you can rule it out.

5 Likes

That is probably a good idea… i haven’t ph’d the water at all! I bring home the well water from my work since my house is on city water. I really should do this but i just don’t have the cash for a ph meter and ph up and down right now.

I’ve decided PH is gonna be something i am going to start doing after some reading. I want this indoor garden to be as productive as possible… i am going to use test drops that i already have and bite the bullet and spend some money on the adjustment solutions. I eventually want to order some good genetics and should be trying my best to perfect everything with these bag seed grows before spending on good seeds.

3 Likes