Rob’s on going grow journal

I’m going to need PH up before next feeding for sure… fed last night and decided to test the PH and from what I can tell it’s looking like it might be low…

This first grow is basically experimental so i want to hopefully figure alot out before I’m ready to start a 2nd.

6 Likes

Wow, that is shockingly sour.
I’ll bet they bounce back nicely one you correct that.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I think they will,they’re not doing horrible considering .

2 Likes

Stopped into the grow shop after work and got some PH up and PH down, fed lastnight so will be close to a week or so but from here on out I’m going to be getting the PH as close to perfect as i can using the test drops. Has anyone ever used this brand? Nutri-plus it’s called, I haven’t heard of it but the guy working said it is what he uses… That was the only option they had left in stock, I found the price was very reasonable PH down was $15 and $10 for the PH up.

6 Likes

I am gonna have to pull up a chair.

Looks like we both picked back up growing around the same time this year. I had been out of the game for 10 or so years myself. I am running the same tent as you for my 3 indoor plants.

Looking into a separate tent for next time around so I can keep things perpetual.

Looking forward to seeing this grow continue.

Cheers

4 Likes

@Zenki Hello thanks for stopping by, i just checked out your grow and will be following as well… i put 4 seeds to soak for this grow i can only grow 4 legally but only 3 spouted, I was lucky enough that the 3 that sprouted were female. We should compare end results just for fun kinda like a 3 plant indoor vs outdoor, to bad we weren’t growing the same strains.

2 Likes

I appreciate that! That would be cool. In theory we will be harvesting around the same time.

Looking forward to seeing how those Northern Lights turn out for you. I always loved the strain.

As for me, the LSD seems to be growing well both indoor and outdoor, but the indoor Stardawg is just overall doing amazing. I took a couple of clones from her yesterday in an attempt to keep her around.

I am at my legal capacity with 6 plants now. 3 in my tent and 3 outside.

2 Likes

Nice i didn’t realize you were doing LSD indoor and outdoor that’s going to be a awesome comparison as well…good idea taking the few clones if you really enjoy it… i was really hoping to find a seed in my girl scout cookies i grew outdoors last summer to try indoors to see the difference but I’ve got 2 jars left and so far no seeds.

1 Like

Yeah the Outdoor is looking real good so far. They both are but I am really excited to see the outdoor go the distance.

My supplier who I have been getting this Tahoe from recently has a ton of GSC and I love it. Almost got burnt out on it smoking so much of ut.

Super solid nugs and beautiful. I would LOVE to give that a shot sometime.

1 Like

I definitely love girl scout cookies although i found my outdoor was light and fluffy would like to try indoor in hopes of some nice tight nugs.

2 Likes

They look good color and leaf wise…I think you’re feeding the right amount, but they look a bit wilty and quite short for their age. Maybe you’re overwatering a bit? How often do you water and how much?

Also how close is your light? That’s a pretty powerful fixture, I know it’s not 1000w but it’s probably 400+

Edit: actually in the last round of pics they look way happier, maybe it was just them adjusting to flower or something

1 Like

@beacher i usually water them every 6 to 7 days and they get 2 liters divided equally between the 3. Before i feed i usually stick my finger into the soil and check it and also there is drain holes near the bottom i can get my pinky finger into as well.When i do feed i am basically just mixing a little light on what the bottle( general hydroponics)says which usually gives me a PPM reading in the mid 900’s. Gonna wait till next feeding with proper PH and see how things look from there.

1 Like

Sweet that’s a good system for sure. I could definitely see the low pH pissing them off too haha. It’s weird pretty much all water usually needs ph down are you on a well or something?

1 Like

Actually yes and no my house is on city water but i bring well water from work to feed the plants.

1 Like

Ahh cool. Keep in mind well water can be very different mineral wise than tap. They used to make a GH micro ‘hard water’ version for well waters I’m not sure if they still do…

What ppm is the straight water?

1 Like

Hmm i never thought of that. Thanks i am going to do a comparison when i get home from work between the well water and my tap. Only thing i think my tap water may have chlorine in it.

1 Like

Chlorine is cool unless you’re trying to have a ‘living soil’ with microbes and stuff.

2 Likes

So chlorine won’t bother them? No living soil mmm maybe my tap water could be better gonna do some comparisons this evening.

1 Like

No it’s fine. It could arguably be mildly beneficial by keeping things a bit cleaner. Lots of people who run hydro add pool shock to their reservoirs to kill pathogens etc. The amount in the average tap water is negligible in comparison.

Well water is great but often has strange mineral content (iron sulfur etc), most nutes are formulated with the average tap water in mind which I believe is usually pretty pure less some calcium and magnesium…oh and whatever pills people are peeing out lol

4 Likes

I had no idea! Thank you i appreciate this knowledge.

2 Likes