Rocket Seeds and Crop King seeds apparently selling counterfeit product

That gaudy pin which comes with crop king seeds is little more than marketing?

I figured with that kind of packaging they had to be great seeds- all lies it seems.

5 Likes

Most of these made their name by being there for a while and accepting CC.
Once you research you notice they are all ripoff copies sold at 5x the cost.
Everything coming out of europe IMO no including some private breeders have been usually ass or just usa genetic copies.
HSO is Dinafem and I read their regular seeds are bred in CA im not sure.
It’s just USA genetics they either pay some breeder in usa and have someone made the seeds in china or spain who knows but with so many good cheap private local breeders now these mega banks can go suck it.

1 Like

I’ll UNASHAMEDLY put in a plug for SoaknBeans.com, The Owner/Breeder/OG Member, @Kakalak has “Head Whooping :fire:” in his creations, Breeder/Member @SamwellBB (World Famous Baked Beanz…with a z!!) has the Breeding Game on Lock!!! Others pay HIM for the frigging Combo!!! Check these two out, site is right here in Colorado, freebies galore, prompt shipment, and Blog Support on site, a model many should follow. @Kakalak has about 30 - 35 Breeder’s products on the site, expanding all the time, has VERY HIGH standards!!! Seriously, can’t go wrong. Support your fellow member’s businesses, if you can, take the uncertainty/anxiety out of buying. Good luck, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

26 Likes

Crop Kings creat so many " Best" lists and put them selfs on it with the big better reputible well known companies.

2 Likes

Wow man thanks for the kind words! It really make it worth all the effort I have put in to hear these types of reviews. Hopefully I keep keep it going for a long time. Good Vibes!

15 Likes

Rats, try it again.
Sorry for my confusion Doug but didn’t you post the link below of Crop King’s White Widow Auto?

Doesn’t look to me like Crop King did you wrong.

Swiping another breeders strain is BAU.
Just ask Steve Jobs.

I sure did post the link, I grew them and someone asked where I got them. I was very pleased with those WW’s. I also had some supposed auto seeds from them that were not autos. So yes, they have done me wrong. I used to buy from them once upon a time before I found out about some of their underhanded practices. Outright stealing from a breeder and reproducing their packaging is not ok with me so I won’t deal with them. That said it’s up to each individual where they buy. When I saw the warning on the breeder site it seemed worthy of sharing.

2 Likes

I agree with you on that one.
I have an auto grow using their seed underway, guess now I’ll have to do progress reports on that topic.
Most other growers were out of stock in these seeds and I paid premium prices too.
“Out of stock” should be a four letter word imo.

3 Likes

Hey, hopefully it grows well for you. There is no arguing that they do sell decent products, it’s the other stuff they do that turned me away from them. What strains you growing?

1 Like

Thanks!

White Widow Auto
Northern Lights Auto
TrainWreck Auto

White Widow is crushing it, TrainWreck a close second and Northern Lights is a distant third.

I’ll post pics l8r

1 Like

I have grown the WW & Northern lights. Both turned out great, never tried the Trainwreck. Nice choices.

2 Likes

There is a difference between breeders acquiring actual cuttings and reversing them to create s1 seeds and then another company who source crap seeds from were ever they can, mass reproduce them so its even futher inbred hermie crap an then sell those. It may be a idea to go around the boards and look at independent reviews of certain companies before making out their scam artists. By the way crop king are crap as are growers choice seeds. Also make it know that even some of those respected breeders dont have the original parent plants to make some of the strains they sell. A good example of this is the many companies/breeders who sell super lemon haze, only ghs had the ssh clone mother and the lemon skunk clone to create the original super lemon haze, with this particular strain no male was ever even released orit used it was actually already quickly put out as a s1 of the original cross by ghs. But dont mean you cant get good plants from else were, just do your home work and look for lots of different reviews on something before buying. Be smart

1 Like

When I started growing indoors I looked at ILGM, Crop King, MSNL, and WeedSeedsExpress.
For price, strain variety, customer service(unbeatable), and shipping destinations WSE are the best.

1 Like

Apparently DinaFem isn’t coming back and they were breeding for “most of the major seed banks” in Europe according to some second-hand, inside info I received. They may have even been supplying Crop King and Rocket Seeds. The Spanish banks emerged in the early 2000s after laws changed in the Netherlands making seed production there much more difficult.

If it is true they were breeding for many others, those raids had a much larger ripple effect on the seed industry than any of the people contracting with them are ever going to let on. I actually bought a few rando Dinafem packs after the raid (Industrial Plant for one is something I know of no one else holding), simply because they are probably gone now forever. (Edit: it is probably these brands (or their European spinoffs) listed on the DinaFem site affected Cannabis Seed Banks - DINAFEM UK)

DinaFem has some things that are good, and sells a lot of crap as well. I respected them for some of their early auto work and feminization stuff. Also one of the earlier banks to make pure CBD varieties available. But US breeders have far surpassed them at this point (and most European breeders, with some exceptions like Karma, Mephisto, and maybe Ace who are doing unique things).

5 Likes

I gotta say this was a very interesting read… and also say, DAMN! I’m glad I haven’t bought any seeds from anywhere in years!..Not that I haven’t been tempted a time or two, just never pulled the trigger. Some of the seeds I had looked at where in the lists of ‘no-no’ companies, I see here.

3 Likes

I have 2 White Widow and 3 SourGrils from CK. My first 2 grows ever have been a lie?

1 Like

LOL, I wouldn’t go that far. I grew some White Widow and Northern Lights autos from CK seeds that were fantastic. Not all their stuff is garbage but some is. My problem is the outright deception. To reproduce Blimburn packaging and put whatever bag seed they have into the packages is something I cannot forgive and will prevent me from ever ordering from them again. So much time and effort is put into growing plants, you need to be able to trust your supplier otherwise you waste months of time, money and effort. Crop King just does not qualify as trustworthy and that’s not just my opinion, it has been proven to be fact. They are a blight on the growing industry and don’t deserve to be in business.

10 Likes

It’s too bad most people get burned before they research what seed banks are scams.

4 Likes

CK was my first seed buy because it didn’t have to cross a border to get to me. I thought that that was important at the time. I know that they changed hands in 2018-2019.

1 Like

Beware the Cropking and their employees on here pushing the stuff. As we can now see also a few others in the game are doing the same thing. I could point fingers but the universe always has a way to unravel intriguing plots

9 Likes