Rocket Seeds and Crop King seeds apparently selling counterfeit product

Hello OG, just went to look for a pic to post of a strain I picked up called Zombie Death Fuck by Blimburn seeds. When I went to the Blimburn site I found a warning posted there for Canadian customers which is very disturbing.

Canadian Customers Advise

We advise our brand followers in Canada that we have been made aware that the company Rocket Seeds which is linked to Crop King Seeds (and also wholesale activities in Canada) is selling Blimburn packaging with non-genuine product inside. We are very concerned on behalf of our customers in Canada and across the world that that only genuine product is being provided and sold under the Blimburn brand. Neither Rocket Seeds or Crop King Seeds hold brand licenses or have our permission to operate under the Blimburn brand. Please ensure that you buy Blimburn from legitimate and reputable sources only and avoid these companies. We appreciate your custom and your continued loyalty.

This is something I thought people needed to see. This is on the official Blimburn site across the top of the page. Just an FYI .

43 Likes

thanks for sharing this and looking out for the community doug. You should post this here as well-
seed banks who can we trust

this happens more than people realize, and more than people would like to admit. I have seen a lot of people refuse to acknowledge warning signs like this.

It won’t stop until we make it stop. My advice is to always get in touch with the breeders before making a purchase. Ask who their official retailer is, and where you can get their seeds. Include a link to the seed bank you are thinking of buying from and ask directly if they have worked with this seedbank, and can verify whether the seeds are genuine.

I have been truly surprised by the number of times breeders have told me they do not work with a seed bank, and that their product must be fake.

here are just a few of the culprits.

Seed supreme- If you buy full packs with breeders packaging intact, they are likely genuine, but I have caught them selling fake single seeds of lines that have been long since discontinued.

Bonza-
a scam seed bank, which will not die because it is one of the few seed banks that ships to australia. australian members beware. they are selling unknown generic weed seed. they are misrepresenting strains and selling fake seeds. they refuse to send breeder packaging to legal countries, pretty much confirming they are sending generic seed.

AMS amsterdam marijuana seeds-
They are misrepresenting genetics, and possibly selling herm brickweed seed. I went to a legal recreational licensed farm that was growing seeds from this bank, and it was a really bad situation. They bought “og” “haze” and “northern lights” from AMS, none of them were genuine. The plants were all identical, and they all hermed. They lost thousands of dollars from the seed purchase, and lost 1/3 of their entire outdoor crop.

The farm was a new commercial operation and they knew nothing about cannabis genetics or culture, perfect target for scammers.

hanfsamen-
all I can say about this bank is that they claim to have genetics that haven’t been available since around 2002. Safe to assume they are not genuine.

HSO humboldt seed organization-
this “breeder” is misrepresenting their genetics using the names of popular bay area strains to capitalize on name recognition. Even their name is a lie, they are based in spain. They have never had any presence in the bay area or in humboldt, and locals involved in the cannabis community know to steer clear of these scammers.

Their branding and logo was copied from a well regarded proposition 215 medical cannabis collective located in humboldt.

so to conclude, always ask yourself these questions before making a purchase-

1. is this too good to be true?
  2. who is this breeder?
  3. where is this breeder located? could they actually have access to the genetics they claim to possess? it is always safest to buy genetics from a breeder who actually lives in the area where the genetics originate.
  4. who is this seedbank?
  5. has the breeder worked directly with this seed bank? if not, it is likely the genetics are fake.
  6. is this bank an official retailer for that breeder?
  7. did this bank get their genetics from the breeder or from a reseller / wholesaler? if they are not working directly with breeders the genetics are likely fake.
  8. Can I buy these seeds directly from the breeder and bypass the middleman?

this should really help to spot the fakes.

edit- the only legitimate reseller wholesaler I know of is seedsman. So if a seed bank says they are supplied by seedsman, get in touch with seedsman and make sure they have actually done business with that bank. If they are really working with seedsman and no one else, it is probably legitimate.

30 Likes

Cool bud, copied the info over to that other thread. I hate seeing crap like this. You ever wonder what these seed banks do with the breeder packaging they remove? How hard is it to just throw random bag seed in and sell as genuine. You make really good points.

7 Likes

Great information @zephyr.

2 Likes

If I recall Humboldt is a brand of Dinafem

2 Likes

Yep and they got raided last year and are temp shut down as far as I know. There all scammers prob selling the same Chinese hemp seed. Plenty of legitimate people to go threw here stateside , freeborn selections, csi, crickets and cicadas, swamp boys, jungle boys if you want the new new, top dawg, Bodhi, swami , these are just a few examples of long time trusted breeders who won’t sell you bs genetics.

11 Likes

I don’t disagree that the Humboldt branding was misleading but my impression was Dinafem was no more or less reputable than any of the other large European banks and had been around the block quite a long time. I had planned on eventually trying their Critical+2.0 and a couple of others in their catalogue at some point when I caught them on sale.

3 Likes

Indeed, B-I-G Raid last year, Dinafem, La Mota, Humboldt, and others were raided, MILLIONS of plants were destroyed. Most of the Dutch Seed Banks had relocated to Spain, mostly in Catalonia. 15 Dinafem officials were arrested, Bank Accounts seized. It’s ok to grow for “personal use” in Spain. This has a “knock on affect” on the entire European Supply Chain. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

I was really interested in ordering from Humboldt in Europe, reviews and pics are very bag appeal. So your saying it is fraudulent? CropKings was my first online seed order, the have the ad game locked and allot of reviews mostly confirming they were indeed shipped seeds. A store employee lol and said there pics on the site were not real pics of what they have. Being a new bee I had trouble with many of the plants from the 25 pack of seeds. and the free 25 pack of seeds I got from a mail mix up. out of fifty and after I caught all the flaws in my set up and running of them, I got one or two good plants one commercially great fast shimmery and one lil delicate flavor dream. Now a couple plants hermied possible under stress and I got many seeds to test perhaps sometime.

5 Likes

If you bought 25 seeds from a genuine and well reputed breeder, you should have gotten 20 or more good plants, not one or two. With a decent breeder, you should consistently be getting good plants. If you are growing femenized seeds from a good breeder, every seed that germinates should produce a good plant.

It definitely sounds like the seeds they sent you were fakes / unknown brickweed seeds. one or two good plants out of 25 is ridiculous. Getting herms is ridiculous, there is no reason to accept growing herms. If a breeder has done their jobs, herms should be rare or non-existent in a decent seed line.

Growing has a steep learning curve, so most of us learn to grow using low value bagseed (seed found in weed we bought), because it doesn’t waste money if we mess up. it sound like it worked out ok that you bought seeds from them on your first grow. Now you know how to eliminate hermaphrodites, and you have gotten comfortable starting seeds.

If you are in Europe I would recommend The Vault seed bank in the UK. they are legitimate and they are a sponsor here on overgrow so you will be able to contact them easily for customer support.

If you want legitimate american genetics, choose an american company. Or if you want to work with a breeder based in europe, choose one that actually works with the local european strains from their area.

Seedsman are legitimate but they don’t run the most efficient business. they can be slow to ship and sometimes sloppy with their stealth shipping methods.

There are also some US based seed banks that ship to europe now, and those would be good choices as well if you want real genetics from california. I am US based, but I am sure other members could help you out by recommending a US bank that ships to Europe.

9 Likes

I would never order anything from Crapking. Not surprised by this.

14 Likes

My first grow ever was crop king seeds. It was also my last grow using their seeds. I got thier sour diesel and green crack the sour d i litterally had like 2 plants live both stayed miniature and taste and smelled good but no bang. The green crack was better at growing. Grew big dumb colas looked and smelled great. Again no bang. There was no potency to em n it wasnt my growing methods. I found a local usa seedbank litterally half hour from my house dcse. Got some dj short strains and useful seeds and a mass medical pack of e pupil. All 3 blew away the crop king in germ vigor and final product. In the same soil under same lights. Just my opinion on crop king. They did get the seeds to me but it was like watered down strains. Ive been through many strains now from other breeders and the occasional dud comes along but nowhere near every seed like the crop king experience. Id give them a 1 star only cause they actually did send seeds.

11 Likes

Crop King always has been and always will be GARBAGE.

7 Likes

I learned everything there is to learn ( mistake wise)lol, some of it was pure stupid y, lots was , some of it was just not having the equipment I needed yet. Before all my fans I used to freeze gallon jugs so I could ice pack my 1000 wat hps.It is solid, old school, new in box but old switchable, gets warm. No potency I know the second I tried some Friesland from Kwik seeds it was a crazy difference, right away, in flower I mean,I look forward to putting out the 5 I have been vegging outside next month. My neighbors will notice these five 10x more than the non potent crop kings at half the plants. I have a few seeds-man seed orders in, set for sept in. I hope better things. I am a lil torn from this post I was most excited about the humblot reviews from I guess Humblt Europe. All the reviews are after flower, non of that I got my seeds…

1 Like

Crap King seeds sell bulk Spanish seeds they buy they make nothing but packaging and promotions. The seeds are pure shit no consistency at all with poor germ rates.

I was at a head shop and the guy behind the counter convinced me to pick up a few packs Crown Royale, Hashplant, Xtreme Cheese. I started the Crown and Hashplant.

The Crown Royale only had two females and both were junk the smaller one took 100 days in veg to reach a foot and a half tall and another 100 in bloom to produce small frosty harsh tasteless buds the taller one was normal in veg and bloom went 9 weeks for weak ass lemony sharpie smelling frosty harsh nugs.

The Hashplant was much the same just a waste of time.

Stay far away from those flashy seed pimps kids they only want your cash.

11 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! They took out a 4 page advert in HT last month. Almost bit on a few of them…
They are advertising Sonoma, Mary Janes Garden, Crop King, Beaver Seeds and Sun West. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

That gaudy pin which comes with crop king seeds is little more than marketing?

I figured with that kind of packaging they had to be great seeds- all lies it seems.

5 Likes

Most of these made their name by being there for a while and accepting CC.
Once you research you notice they are all ripoff copies sold at 5x the cost.
Everything coming out of europe IMO no including some private breeders have been usually ass or just usa genetic copies.
HSO is Dinafem and I read their regular seeds are bred in CA im not sure.
It’s just USA genetics they either pay some breeder in usa and have someone made the seeds in china or spain who knows but with so many good cheap private local breeders now these mega banks can go suck it.

1 Like

I’ll UNASHAMEDLY put in a plug for SoaknBeans.com, The Owner/Breeder/OG Member, @Kakalak has “Head Whooping :fire:” in his creations, Breeder/Member @SamwellBB (World Famous Baked Beanz…with a z!!) has the Breeding Game on Lock!!! Others pay HIM for the frigging Combo!!! Check these two out, site is right here in Colorado, freebies galore, prompt shipment, and Blog Support on site, a model many should follow. @Kakalak has about 30 - 35 Breeder’s products on the site, expanding all the time, has VERY HIGH standards!!! Seriously, can’t go wrong. Support your fellow member’s businesses, if you can, take the uncertainty/anxiety out of buying. Good luck, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

26 Likes

Crop Kings creat so many " Best" lists and put them selfs on it with the big better reputible well known companies.

2 Likes