Rotisserie chickens and you!

@PhilCuisine put me on to it, and I have never looked back.

4 Likes

this thread reminds of when my dad bought a smoker that fits 40 chickens but it’s too impractical to actually use. better off selling it, lol.

3 Likes

Nice… that doesn’t happen to be the OKJ bronco does it?
That coal bin looks familiar…

Well shit, now I’m gonna have to try it. They cook way faster too right? I think that’s the key. You don’t dry it out by having to cook a round object evenly. I’m going to try it asap. Appreciate the recommendation

1 Like

40 birds at once. Sounds like some shit my dad would do. Nevermind the fact that I bought a 25 gallon smoker last year. Used it once. :raising_hand_man::man_facepalming:

yeah, we have a bunch of smokers but i’d not the biggest fan of smoked meats but they’re alright. smoked fresh caught salmon is nice. we’re starting coho salmon season which is some decent fish so maybe i’ll try some smoked

Spatchcocking is so worth doing makes chicken so good for sure give it a try

2 Likes

I don’t aim to steer us too far away from the glory of rotisserie chicken, but if anyone hasn’t tried smoking a block of cream cheese yet, its definitely worth it.
Just a word of caution: you are going to have to come to terms with eating an entire block of cream cheese.

4 Likes

I find it actually makes me not feel great if I eat too much smoked meat. Like ribs and brisket. Poultry doesn’t really do it but I can do smoked salmon all day everyday. Something about cream cheese, capers and smoked salmon on a everything bagel. Been doing candied smoked salmon jerky :drooling_face:

1 Like

i was just thinking about that. cream cheese bagel with a nice chunk of smoked salmon.

3 Likes

I smoke my meatloaf a couple times a year. Its incredible, smoked cream cheese huh?

5 Likes

It’s a Kamado

4 Likes

And thy will be done.

3 Likes

Totally. Rub that bad boy in olive oil, cover w/ bbq rub, “everything” seasoning, or whatever the hell you want. Score about 1/4" deep in a grid pattern on top… 1/2"-ish grid squares. Set on some foil & smoke at 225ish for a couple hours. Good cold too… if it lasts that long.

3 Likes

I’m making it for the 4/20 gathering, awesome!

2 Likes

Grab some rotisserie chicken salad from costco and slap it between their croissants. Stuff is mad good.

3 Likes

I’m actually hip, one of my customers works in the deli there and she’s brought me the chicken salad. Its pretty dank. I put it on crackers but a croissant would be better. She always brings me something, she probably has no idea how much it helps her in the long run. I always remember food gifts. Just recently found out she smokes too and I gave her some bud, she was so happy to have it and i was so happy to have a free rotisserie chicken

6 Likes

And so I raise chickens. I can’t for the life of me figure out how they do it so cheap. I have more money in feed than they charge for a whole bird…cooked. gotta be some cheap ass feed.

7 Likes

I do too, we have 50 to 75 at any given time. Eggers and meat birds. I have often wondered the same thing.

4 Likes

same here. any time i give the cook at my local taco joint some bud he gives me free food.

2 Likes