Rotisserie chickens and you!

I can’t be the first person to truly appreciate the rotisserie chicken, I mean its become a staple in my house. I’m always stoked if I hear i got a rotisserie chicken and some mashed taters. All you need is some heavy gravy and corn of any kind and boom, Thanksgiving without the stuffing! Ill make stovetop once in a while and that’s a true godsend of a meal. Rotisserie fuckin chickens man! They deserve a trophy!

28 Likes

You buy them cooked or do you roll your own?

3 Likes

That’s my go-to “dammit I forgot lunch today” lunch. I can’t force myself to spend 10 bucks on some fast food when I can just hit the grocery store and get a whole, already cooked rotisserie chicken and a gallon of water for like six bucks.

10 Likes

Usually cooked but I’m not a stranger to smoking some fine meats. Chickens included. Got into fish this year, never liked fish but smoked salmon made me cry

4 Likes

Very cool. Just was curious as I was gifted a machine that spins them all in one set it and forget and am hooked…like you said some side fixins and you’re eating good. Either way cannot go wrong with a rotisserie chicken for a meal. Very cool post🍻

4 Likes

Is it like a smoker or a countertop contraption? I had a countertop one years ago that spun them and it was the juiciest poultry ever. You just reminded me of it. You didn’t even have to chew. It was like a dome and cooker bottom, I think it used steam.

2 Likes

Nectar of the Gods baby. :slight_smile: They have these at my supermarket…sometimes they are $5 usually $7. They also have fried chicken by the 8 pc. They briefly tried to go to the bigger size bird for $10 but folks balked at that…so now were back to regulation size :slight_smile:
Overall, it can’t be beat :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They tried that here too, I got the bigger one but it was tough, gimme the baby chicken please

3 Likes

Countertop lil bigger than a toaster oven…you nailed it so tender and juicy! I cook all my whole chickens on/in it now! Seriously hooked know what I’m having for dinner tomorrow now. Rotisserie chicken dinner seed has been planted🍻

2 Likes

Chicken is a special food. I love mine cooked over fire or charcoal

4 Likes

cant go wrong with a costco rotisserie chicken

3 Likes

Man, I don’t know how I forgot about that thing. I know I have one somewhere, I’m on a mission now. Seed planted indeed!

1 Like

I like how you think.

2 Likes

Back in the day I used to get a loaf of bread and a rotisserie chicken from Kmart, they don’t exist anymore, around here anyway, they were $3.99🤦‍♂️. Made sammiches for a couple days for $5. The rotisserie chicken holds a special place in my heart.

5 Likes

Ha… yeah, Kmart. None around here anymore either. You could getcha a chicken and some tires, one of them icees, and probably syphillis if you hung around long enough. Good times.

4 Likes

@THCeed, what’s better, The Simpsons or Futurama? Just kidding. That’s a silly question

Futurawhat???

2 Likes

I figured, very good sir

1 Like

And smoked chicken.
Like @Bert said.

12 Likes

I’ve yet to try the flat version, I hear its worth doing