Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Blockhead BX -- Cancelled For Now

Lot of old gems on there

1 Like

Yeah, it’s almost enough to make me forget that I don’t like the guy that runs that place.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to get to them til next winter at the soonest…maybe add them to Strain Donations and Breeder Match ups thread?

3 Likes

Id give em a shot… just have too many other projects lined up… but its a great cross the SSSDH … hope someone picks it up for an f2… could get a good deal of catpiss phenos out of that.

3 Likes

I ordered some Rez shit from them last year. 50 beans. No germs. You’d have to be handy with the old giberellic acid and rain dances to get those shits to germ. I ordered one pack and got sent 5 so they know which ones aren’t expected to germ and they’re deliberately effusive when you ask how old the beans are. Pot luck with the crosses not in breeders packs. I got Chimera’s sassy frass/cheese cross as freebies from them. Most of those popped and I have some pretty looking girls with curly/furry white pistils at the mo. The cross was done by someone else I think though. I just kopped a Blockhead/King cross and a White Lotus/Jack cross and an old as fuck pack of Karma’s Dominator/Kushage cross. Only looked at the Karma ones so far. Beans look small as fuck. They are old. Possibly 8 years. Not expecting them to pop but only parted with 15 dollars (not US) for them. I’m gonna be pissed if the Chimera crosses don’t pop though. They’re still charging top whack on those. Gonna chuck in water, later. Will post here if they do. Karma just put a load of this year’s tester packs up there. They’ll be going fast coz Karma is the hot shit right now.

3 Likes

Just to add. I grew out Karma’s Sssdh/Jack crosses which he reworked from Rez’s Sssdh. They are very Sativa leaning and have that haze pine taste. Very heady, almost no body. Strong but not sedative. Wouldn’t smoke before bed just fyi.

4 Likes

So the Chimera Genetics beans germinated for the most part. The Blockhead/King cross 6/10 popped. Two were damaged right out the pack. Another 2 still might pop from those. And the White Lotus/Jack cross 8/10 popped. One looked too damaged and one germinated but fizzled out to nothing. None of Karma’s Kushage/Dominator cross popped as yet. They are grandpappy old though so wasn’t expecting them to tbh. Might even dissect slightly in a day or two if they haven’t done anything. The Chimera beans are good to go. Wouldn’t leave them much longer to wait to try though.

6 Likes

When you’re done with the Sour Diesel Mix Pack would you consider running the Blockhead BX?

7 Likes

I dont think we are doing preservation runs of seeds you can currently buy unless the breeder has given direct permission. (Like BOG did a couple days ago)

But I mean anyone can do what they like with the beans they buy…

Its always a tough spot

6 Likes

Yeah and then to make a thread about it might be a little much. Not to say you can’t make f2 seeds out of anything you buy and give them out freely. It’s more of a respect to the breeder thing.

Which BOG strain got approved? That’s cool. I want to get a few of his things.

3 Likes

@GMan sour strawberry
:pray:

3 Likes

I’ve got some OGers I was thinking about running. Maybe after that one. The SD are about to get the flip.

8 Likes

Is this where my blockhead bx2 in fall came from?

2 Likes

this one seems too old to be where they came from, i think this may be the one tho >>>Preservation Run! Blockhead Bx by Bodhi **(Closed)**

2 Likes

@Islayhearts i think did the blockhead run , maybe I think : )
Not sure if it was an official coop run

4 Likes

These were some from the Fall '21 box. I had extra.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Many thanks for these @G-paS and I was able to share already.
I saw Sha bud from 707 seedbank relased a " Love candy" 200 a pack and I wondered if from same breeder Steve of spice for life.

Notes from seedmaker: " Love Candy is a heavily worked cut of Blockhead from Breeder Steve of Spice of Life. It has been worked to backcross 2 then worked all the way to F3. Love Candy has a very sensual sweet skunk melon flavor and smell.
Outdoor, this is one of those rare varieties that produces light green, trichome covered, large flowers that has an indoor look. In my 20+ years of growing I have only come across a few cultivars that have this look when grown outdoor. It grows short, stout, bushy with large colas. Plants average about 6ft for me when finished. Even with its strong structure the plant still needs support due to the rock hard arm size flowers. In northern California it finishes the first week of October. The only downfall is it will mold if you get early rain or grown in a humid environment.
Indoor Love Candy looks like it has been dipped in trichomes. It can be harvested at 8 weeks of flower but I personally like to let it go to 9 weeks. Greenhouse setting this plant really shines. Doesn’t stay as short and bushy as it does indoors or outdoors. Strong branches with a normal stretch and can easily be passed off as indoor grown.
I asked @breedersteve if it was cool to release the seeds I made from his work. He said as long as I didn’t call it blockhead he was cool…and so Love Candy was born!
It was my main cash cropper outdoors for the first decade of the millennium! Below is the writeup Jason King did in ‘Cannabible VOL 3’ on the Blockhead cut I worked into Love Candy.

-Sha | 707 Seedbank."

4 Likes

What? I thought this was cancelled

No, this run was canceled in July of 2020.

The run the seeds in question came from were a July 2021 run.

3 Likes

Abandoned project