Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

I always wait for visible clusters of male flowers before declaring male. I cant tell one bump from another. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Like these?

Some are definitely harder to tell than others for sure :wink:

7 Likes

Whelp, remixed the confirmed boys (1, 2 &5) soil…

Dug up 18 gallons of native soil fighting tree roots in the process

1 at a time…carrot into the cup of water, tore feeder roots to release from pot

Mixed 50/50 with native soil…was going to do a 1:3 dilution though glad I didn’t go that far

Number 5 transplanted 1st as that was the biggest one

followed by #1

Then #2

Anytime, the roots are disturbed this much the plant goes into shock and tries to settle in so imho, its prudent to trim away the above soil growth as well to stunt it as the roots will repair themselves 1st… 4 hrs later and they couldn’t look more pleased

Next step is to wait 4 days (Sunday) and start bending branches to really fan them out while removing older, more spread out fan leaves and top dress per new soil recommendations as soon as its ready.

oh I also took brix readings…

number 1

Number 2

Number 5

Go number 1!! lol Though seriously, to maintain the sugar levels after all this…nutrient starved seedling mix into a copper and magnesium deficient soil, cut into, back/forth sexing, led to cmh to hid and now a serious root prune transplant - thats a special guy in my books!!!

I know the others need the same treatment though I will not do it until they fully show as I have seen a ballshape get a pistil and on the other side of the coin, a teardrop shape add more balls so til another ball or pistil joins, they will be unconfirmed though both copper and manganese are responsible in that part of photosynthesis as well as root growth. Speaking of, all of the 1st clones taken before the cotleydon’s shriveled are rooted as seen here…

Just in stasis …copper and/or manganese responsible? Idk though I do know that something is inhibiting the roots from further seeking nutrients in spite of dry/moist, high/low humidity treatments. If I were to salvage them then I would do a b1/micro nutrient foliar spray for their next dry cycle and look at fully rooting in ~3-4 wks though these were just testers to see how fast they will root as is so out they go to make room for more serious cuttings in ~2wks

By the time everyone gets seeds, we will know this strain lol :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

…may we presume this isn’t the first clones-in-peat-pellets trial?

the most recent cloning i’ve done has been lazy & darwinian… cuttings into water & wait until i’m not doing other stuff, which may be a day or 2 weeks. :blush: i’ll re-fresh the water but otherwise have let only the self-rooting, no-IBA/etc. choose itself. :seedling:

IMO, the pellets are like peat itself O2-poor (?) and might not be great.

and maybe the humidity is high enough the leaves are drinking a bit?

maybe the tiny mass of the pellet relative to the plant & air “space”…? roots too warm relative to leaves?

:nerd: waking up with real caffeine today. for me, it’s like going off the psych-meds. :smile: :comet:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

You may :wink: I use either peat pellets or old soil in a clear solo cup inserted into a red (or blue) solo cup though prefer the peat. Here are visuals from Cackleberry for a light comparative thread on GC that I did over the summer…

These were taken from the best/healthiest girl in that run then went under different lights to see the responses so I could make up my mind to leave the hid cabinet alone or upgrade to 4 - 6 quantum boards or get another cmh conversion kit… based on observations, cmh won hands down though I still need to trim and weigh the remaining 2 plants as they took ~3wks longer than the cmh clone

Lots of different possibilities of what could be going on with them…could also be just slow to shoot out roots?

lol I would be lost without my coffee in the mornings :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

another one confirmed…

3 more to go!

6 Likes

What’s the count so far?

3 Likes

4 boys… #'s 1, 2, 5 and now 4. Still hard to tell on #3, 6 & 7…

4 Likes

Man I hope the stragglers are all female. That’s the way the cookie crumbles with regular seeds though.
At the very least, you’ll have a DBHP Bleeder male to use in a cross sometime.

6 Likes

True though that would really really suck lol I am almost certain #3 is a female though have been wrong before so we’ll see :wink:

5 Likes

@MomOnTheRun this is a really great thread, it’s very interesting to see how proactive you are with managing and caring for your plants, and how much benefit you get from the extra work. great documentation too, the organization of your grow is really impressive. this will be a great breeding project.
My entire organic gardening technique is pretty much ‘use native clay, good compost, and litfa,’ but this is another level :sunny:

10 Likes

I have to admit, I have no real interest I the breeding project. I stick around for the wonderful documentation of Blumats, high Brix, and general gardening knowledge. A+

10 Likes

word, not to mention great online resources like the dynamic accumulator list. I bet everything will turn out great but I don’t need any seeds, I’m just happy to follow along with this excellent grow log :+1:

3 Likes

Same here @zephyr and @ReikoX… I have more seeds than I can grow, unless perhaps someone comes up with a orange/tangerine smelling plant. After the crocket’s Tangie I got a “thing” fot these terpenes…

But bookmarked and signed this one for the great information and nice and relevant updates.

7 Likes

Here here! :beers:
Especially the hi-brix and ionic-tonic talk.

6 Likes

Usually that’s the case, in my experience.

6 Likes

I bet too on the #3 being female, can’t say for the others. Preflowers can be surprising by the shape sometimes ^^

3 Likes

Wow! I am really flattered :heart_eyes: Happy ya’ll are getting to know DBHP along with me and hopefully learning a few “new” techniques, why they work, when to apply and what to look for… Cannabis is a very communicative plant giving subtle clues as to what it needs even when they look great by appearance. Ok bring on the hippy jokes like my irl friends do though I am serious from the subtle leaf sagging just before dark period, reaching up proud just before the light comes back on, the short lived leaf swelling when negative pressure is applied to the roots, slight bend in a few fingers when ph is off etc

I’ll do my daily checking for sex in a couple of hours XXX fingers crossed XXX at least one of the remaining plants shows female

7 Likes

no joke. the big thing that the industrial revolution skipped over was the “gentleness”, the subtleties, the cycles, varying time, all kinds of integral stuff for our existence. traditional classical economics is comparable to phrenology or casting rune-carved bones given it’s complete myopia, it’s pre-scientific birth. that carrot-and-stick thing(not your irrigation! ha!) is just a part of nature…we’re all food and eaters. even rocks. :thinking:

there aren’t a lot of female Cannabis gardeners relative to dudes but having watched Mom and a few others now, I’ll concede that I think women have a natural advantage with nurturing stuff. for a guy it can be an alien, but it’s usually just common sense to a gal. :smile: MzJill’s grow-room dust-buster/vacuum is something for me to aspire to. :wastebasket:

i dropped out of chemistry in high-school and often regret the absence of that stuff…i.e here. :blush: hehe

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Exactly

Idk, I really don’t think gender has anything to do with it as much as an individuals personality leaning one way or the other…nurture vs nature ie give a girl an opportunity to play with trucks and army men and she becomes more self assured relying on herself instead of being a damsel in distress. Like wise, give a boy an opportunity to play with dolls and he becomes more sensitive to the needs of others instead of having a superiority complex… balance is the key goal for either gender, especially when it comes to interactions

You probably just weren’t ready for that type of knowledge at the time as we tend to absorb what we are passionate about :wink:

6 Likes