Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Mothers Milk - closed

Side shot.
Click on microscope on close up of this pic to see all the branches within the plant.

11 Likes

Beautiful looking flowers @GrowHard
Very resinous flowers, taken well into maturity. Very nice.
Cant wait to see how these will turn out, outdoors.

5 Likes

Is this mother’s milk, not supposed to have a sour supposed to be more like powdered milk.

Nice looking plant thou and nice grow

4 Likes

There was prolly phenos across the spectrum. That’d be my guess. Looks like they had at least 31 plants to choose from.
Mine remind me of puppy breath, so thats not too far off from milky halitosis lol.
Not sure if @GrowHard was growing the F1 or the F2?

4 Likes

Hope this doesn’t come off as pretentious, but I have never had powdered milk. It definitely reminded me of sniffing a milk jug to check if its still good a day or 2 before the date. I would not say sour was the prominent smell, but enough of a bite to get your nose. Then again, whenever I smell Tangie or it in a cross it always smells cheesy to me.

-GH

7 Likes

if the clones are still looking the same it sounds like it could be an environmental genetic expression brought out by the soil or light availability. Looks good to me, but you might not see this same expression growing the cutting in a different environment or indoor.

2 Likes

I think an open pollination would be ideal for the genetic preservation project. That way the recipients of the seeds can work the line in whatever direction they like. An open pollination will also help to retain genetic vigor in the subsequent generations.

5 Likes

I can see where u get that by the stem rub. Def a diff odor.

7 Likes

Yea, the plan is to hit the pollen to all four females.
Im curious how that freak gonna turn out. Everything else looks similar, 4foot- over 5 1/2 foot, but the freak is barely over my knee by 2-3 inches.

9 Likes

well, heres the 3 males.
I forgot to take the fone back with me for pics. Sorry guys.
But, I did cut the top foot off of the males and fed the rest to the horses so there is no pollination incidents.
I kept the tall male taller than the others. The smelly one is on the right. 3rd male at the back.
The room smelled when I went in to take pics, so thats a great sign.
If you all notice, I put a piece of paper underneath.
When they start to bust their nuts, Ill tap them so the pollen falls onto the paper so it can be easily selected.
I know the process works, I just harvested some Mozambiquian Poison pollen a week ago doing the same thing. Plants may actually root in the pop bottle also.

Top of smelly male pheno:

20 Likes

Wax paper works the best

5 Likes

I dont think I have any. U are right. Less resistance than paper. Ill have to check.
This will work if not.

4 Likes

I also believe this from personal experience when I needed to collect small amounts of pollen.

4 Likes

Actually I’d do a funnel that way the pollen don’t stick to the bottle because of moisture.
Then a piece on the bottom to catch it all, hope you have no drafts.
It doesn’t take much to set pollen a flying.

2 Likes

Let me reiterate this for you, a cone made up of wax paper
Then put it so it covers up the bottle so it’s like a slide for the pollen to slide off of down to the flat paper that the bottle is sitting on

6 Likes

Parchment paper works well, too.

5 Likes

yea u could do that. Im not too worried, as so pollen will drop. More than Ill need prolly.
If I was concernd about getting as much pollen as possible, that totally makes sense.
No drafts. Already checked with a joint. Looked for any drafts. Nadda. Good point tho. If u are attempting this, especially while growing female cannabis plants indoors, be VERY careful!

6 Likes

Good news!
One of the Mothers Milk F’2s has started to flower.
Was back yesterday
Its just getting ready to button up on the branch tips.
No pics yet. Ill try to get one today.

This is the plant here:

8 Likes

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/3X/9/6/963df0712ef0a00965ded0955fb2614e1164834e.jpg

3 Likes

Pollen is starting to drop also. Ill try and get pics up if anyone interested.

11 Likes