Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Skunk '91 -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!

I do not recall the exact year these were let out. 2013 or there about’s I am guessing. I have run nothing by LED power since 2010.

1 Like

Can’t add so much in bonus of what have allready said @LED_Seedz, there is some things than are kind of universal.

Just cull the herms fast to don’t contaminate your crop, then play “the cards” in the last female (i cross my fingers for you). But you known, in anyway, than this line is sensible and must be worked with it in mind for further generation. Like a thai landrace, you make all your possible to reveal herms the earliest possible with a good load of seeds in the charger.

2 Likes

You can reduce the herm trait through repetitive breeding, but there is no way to completely breed it out, since the gene is inherent in all cannabis, just more dominant in some, it also is variable by more than 1 gene expression, so it would take hundreds of plants and more than a few generations to get it down to anything resembling “stable” if the original had a dominant herm expression.

2 Likes

Oh they will. I only saw one strain worse ever and it was full blown in 6 days after flipping almost throwing pollen.

I just bit my tongue to let EVERYONE see this, but I saw it coming the day the thread was created. I bite my tongue a lot more now.

I also expect a lot more of this to go on as people make whatever without proper testing with and without stress long before any seed making takes place.

9 Likes

Are you confusing f1 and IBL?
The seeds Im growing are f1s.
Known to be herms.

I kicked Thai to the curb in 83. You guys have fun with that.

LMAO

5 Likes

Arghhhh
I gotta do some thinkin here.
Prolly give em a few days n see if the last one herms yet or not before i decide.
Keep the suggestions/info coming.
Thx

1 Like

The skunk 91 pics on IG…whats your beat guess on those? That the growers plucked nanners or got very very lucky and no herm?
Im just trying to understand better
Thx

1 Like

I have not seen any. Anyone grow these that holds a good rep?

“Some extremely Skunk 91 phenotypes of this strain may be vulnerable to intersex behavior brought on by either light leaks or overfeeding, as these are traits in the RKS dom Skunk 91 phenotypes;”
from http://coloradogrown.blogspot.com/2014/07/colorado-grown-seed-collective-strain.html

Apparently has less intersex issues when grown outside, and is REALLY finicky inside, which causes easier expression of the herm genes

2 Likes

Well makes sense since i overfed em too.

1 Like

I see the one is outdoor

1 Like

I guess not as many samples and 2 are Bodhis hahhah

Man i was hopin at least a couple wouldnt herm.
Fack

2 Likes

I donno if good or bad but this also happened tonight.
Ortega x snow lotus testers
Twins. 10/13 up in 48hrs.(11 w twin)

5 Likes

B did tell me that almost to the word. Told me the Hippy Slayer also grows much better outside, but it threw bananas outside and I have never seen any indoors personally.

We both agree RKS is a crap shoot. We also both can’t stop playing with it.
:wink:

6 Likes

to paraphrase: “‘Success’ is 99% Perspiration and 1% Inspiration”

1 Like

To be honest, at this point, since it already runs strong herm, might as well dust with the actual male pollen and hope the male pollen takes, will reduce at least some of the herm trait from the nanners on the female. 70% is less than 90%, know what I’m sayin’?

2 Likes

:smile: Me too, to try outdoor, and I have no serious concern about herm contamination.

Don’t do it for our sake :wink: Suckas like myself need a bit of direction & head-slapping. I’ve appreciated a lot of/most of your posts (that I’ve seen). :slight_smile:

I can appreciate those who think herm propagation is an abomination but having begun with bagseed(like a lot of other beginners/low-income people) I feel it has some value still.

On the topic of herm pollen & seed outside… In most ornamental flowers it seems that self-sowing/reseeding is a generally desireable trait. Right?
I can imagine hash-plant farmers in the traditional hash regions falling in love with such a crop. Hmm. :thinking:

Hypothetically, if I broadcast a handful of herm seed in the “wild”, what do you all think would be the natural progression(absent any human activity)? In other words, how probable is that “strain” to self-perpetuate, un-altered, allowing for only non-humans/nature to affect it?

Everyone loves the idea of seed-bombing the front of their local police station, right? Just me?

:evergreen_tree: 'dem po-lees dawgs be awwl fuckedup :laughing: :joy_cat:

1 Like

I am not sure how bag seed comes to be in your area. Where I am from seeds come a lot of times because people don’t pull every male in a gorilla grow. Mexican weed has been notorious for this for decades. Thinking that because a bag has seeds it came from a intersexing plant would be doing a lot of assuming.

I’ll admit my standards are higher than most and without trying to sound arrogant, it shows in my work.

Male and female plants have done this forever. Why does there need to be any plants with inner sexing traits?

2 Likes