Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 SSDD -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!

After the flush everything has gone back to the normal explosive green growth! It might need another round of water leaching, depends on if it’ll actually pull the right stuff out and not the wrong stuff.
More photos this afternoon.

6 Likes

Think Gene Simmons! Lol!

4 Likes

Read the other day classical/ jazz music can have significant positive effects on plant health and growth move over Gene Simmons figurine your about to get blasted with some Bach! :joy:

4 Likes

Do you know the source of chloride in the soil? What’s your target for it? I thought it may have been a little high.

4 Likes

I agree with ya @Sebring on the CA portion get some wsca going and top dress with some bonemeal/ pulverized egg shell for more long term effects your organic matter is high with is GREAT it will have a tendency to hold both cation and anion type mineral nutrients so additional flushing would be counter productive IMO was wonder if you have any clay like soil in your mix ? Clay has additional benefits as well in soil compositions of holding onto those “+” minerals !

4 Likes

@tinytuttle I do have local clay in the yard and with a 36% organic matter on the test I’ll be adding some before the next cycle.

The pH needs to be dropped by about 0.5, which should lock up a little bit of the potassium, sulfur, but will also release more of the phosphorus. Searching for a viable solution to lock up more §
Calcium needs to be increased so the vinegar soaked eggshells are getting applied tonight.
Manganese, copper and boron need to be applied very lightly. I’m searching for a good source of these still.

The biggest problem is that with so much organic matter there might actually be too much biological activity. After this run I’ll mix the soil I have with an equal part of indigenous soil (mostly clay) and re-amend to fix any deficiencies.

Saturated Paste- Bioavailability now

Soil- Bioavailable after microbial action

7 Likes

Oddly enough, studies have shown Heavy Metal works best… something about the heavier rhythmic vibration

6 Likes

P is in the soil right now is not available yet from my understanding of how soil works with microbiology, a plant will call for certain microbes through exudates and attract them only when P is needed then the little guys will convert it over to plant useable form. Let’s remember the plant is in total control of what it wants ,trying to get rid of something I’m afraid will cause more issues down the road!

4 Likes

These are the trace minerals only very minute quantities are needed I wouldn’t worry about these IMO save your money! Let nature do her thang! Lol

4 Likes

I think you’re probably right about the trace minerals.
I talked to a buddy on FB’s probiotic soil alliance group and he suggested mixing in some biochar when I add the clay soil. I’ve never needed biochar before, but it’s a perfect fix for most nutrient excesses in the short term (the plants and microbiology will sort out the long term fixes). I’ll be adding it a 7%, by volume, rate to the soil before the next cycle.

6 Likes

I recently sign up as a member over there at PFA there seems to be a lot of good information in there File Tab, biochar would also be a great addition to a soil Mix I’v been dabbling in some homemade stuff and would like to compare it with some commercially made stuff for some grows . When buying it make sure it’s "charged " or you now how to charge it with a bacterial load before using otherwise I’v heard it can have a negative impact on some crops. There’s definitely some good looking grows over there using their techniques!

2 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Biochar! Charcol for the garden

So far all 4 males, including the one Phylos wasn’t sure about, are showing pollen sacs.

14 Likes

I suppose we collect the pollen and try again once we find more seed?

2 Likes

@cannacrab
LOL, no, we still have the 7 healthy females in the grow shed just chugging away.
I did hit the light timer in the shed and accidentally turn it to “on” instead of “auto” for the timer mode.
I reset it to auto again about a week ago, which means the girls will be a little bigger and about a week behind the males. I will be collecting pollen from the males to store in the fridge for a bit, but I’ll also be carrying the males out to the shed to shake each one all over the girls.

My order for rapid rooter plugs (plus tray and dome) arrived yesterday, so I took cuttings again today. Two of each to increase the odds.

The girls are all doing well too. Over the next week I’ll start shaving their ankles (cleaning up all the lower branches and stuff that isn’t getting any/enough light to fully develop, but only in the bottom 1/4 of the plant.)

18 Likes

Excellent! I was a little upset there for a second. The girls look really lush. Really excited to find out what variations we find in the F2’s. I wonder if they will lose their uniformity like you have now.

7 Likes

I checked all the females today and they are all showing pistils. The males pollen sacks are about half mature and the clones are alive-ish. Okay, the clones are kind of bent over, but the stems are all still feel firm. We’ll know in another week if the clones make it.

13 Likes

They always do that, just give them some LITFA and they will be alright!

HAHA!

Cheers!

8 Likes

High humidity, low light and lots of LITFA!
(Many are bent over, but all of them are still firm, more litfa!)

And the males are all looking healthy and uniform.

16 Likes

The girls are all in full flower now. I expect stacking of floral clusters to start soon!

20 Likes