Seed run Co-op Voting thread

I know my vote doesn’t count, but I vote 1000 yays

Good Vibes!!!

16 Likes

Do you have a thread where we can follow along?

11 Likes
Bodhi Cobra Lips
  • Allow as Co-op
  • Allow in spring/fall box but grower packages
  • Reject

0 voters

22 Likes
14 Likes

I am seeing some great reviews online regarding Cobra Lips @Budderton , looks like a good one. Best of luck.

20 Likes

Looked up cobra lips a few months back was seeing some real beautiful plants stoked to see this being voted I’m excited to see what you find @Budderton

14 Likes

The slate is full for the Spring box or Did we just those some.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

I’m here to file an Amicus brief…

Cobra Lips has proven to be interesting stock to cross to.
As an amateur breeder I see as a great resource to have available in our genetics libraries.

Our goal is to overgrow the planet with A1 bud… :wink: :+1:

Cheers
G

37 Likes

Good man @Budderton hope this one makes the cut. :heart: Bodhi

8 Likes

It wouldn’t bother me if they where put off till the fall of next year. I’ve got a seed fridge they can hang out in till then, if necessary.:grin::peace_symbol:

15 Likes

Awesome @Budderton . We are trying to shoot for a limit of 10 strains per box to keep distribution more manageable.

8 Likes

Check the OP @Dirtron , there are 9 listed there plus I know Romulan was completed.

12 Likes

I didn’t see the Tiger Berry one listed, is that one still a go?

4 Likes

Last I heard, Tiger Berry will be included in the Spring 23 Box.

6 Likes

I’m happy to put this one on hold until either I or another grower is able to preserve it for us properly.

6 Likes

Its ok bud, it’s technically already on hold awaiting a grower. I would just continue on as you are. It’s good for folks to know that their offerings may get pushed back due to the boxes getting full but hopefully that won’t desuade anyone from doing their thing.

4 Likes

I was told by the grower Tiger Berry will be in the Spring Box. It was pre voting, grandfathered in as he is just topping off to have enough for everybody signed up, He didn’t want to just fill some and make the others wait. The rules would have him do it that ways.

20 Likes

@coopactiongroup this is my official proposal for a co-op preservation seed run of Subcool’s Vortex. Seeing as the last of the Norstar breeder’s overstock has sold out, all original F1s of this are off the market, making it qualify for a coop run if the group feels it’s worth preserving. With the help of @buckaroobonsai @Guitarzan @Griftee and @CADMAN we have gathered up a combination of F1 and F2 Vortex seeds to be run by me over this winter, with the goal of making the Fall 2023 box. I will be starting this project in mid to late November, as I have the space come available and the time to be consistently present for the seedling/early veg stage of growth. Depending on how many F1s come out male, I may limit pollination to F1 males to be able to sort the seed moms and have F2s and F3 seeds identifiable. Whether that is possible remains to be seen. I have a total of nine F1s to sprout, five older (TGA) from @Guitarzan and four newer (The Dank) from @Griftee , all will be popped. The two F2s from @CADMAN will be sprouted for their additional diversity, and the thirteen GroundBreaking F2s that @buckaroobonsai and myself purchased to add in, which were selected away from vining phenos, will be added in, the number of them depending on how much space I have. I am able to bring a dozen plants to flower, so I may pop everything and cull the GroundBreaking ones the hardest, but I can’t grow out all 24 seeds should they all thrive.

Here is the breeder information on Vortex from Subcool himself:
"VORTEX
Cannabis Cup Winner!
(Apollo-13 x Space Queen)
• Sativa/Indica 80/20 • Harvest Window 55-60 Days
• Medium Producer • Good for Extreme Nausea, Depression & Light Pain

Preview:
This is our most stable hybrid and most well received strain. When someone asks “which strain should I try”? I always recommend Vortex. This is a very unique Cindy-like plant with a bizarre twist! This strain is very potent. This strain has been known to cause sweats and a temperature rise. To put it simply…this is “Incredible Marijuana”!!!

Strain Description:
My oldest head stash crossed with my new favorite. Both parents have a similar pungent, rotten fruit, baby poo smell. Both carry heavy potency and copious amounts of resins. The resulting Hybrid cross fulfills my desire to have Apollo-13 in seed form even before we continue with the cubing. Sharing traits of both mom and dad some females lean so much towards Apollo some smokers can’t tell the difference in a blind taste. My favorite female is a sweet and sour girl that to me tasted like Sour Patch candy but I yielded close to 4 ounces with minimum training. She is easier to grow and trim than mom.

Phenotypes: Variation with phenotypes like both parent strains

Height: Short to medium with wide bushing and loads of bud sites perfect for SGROG

Yield: Medium / I pulled 3.5 Ounces from a 40” Bush

Indoor/ Outdoor: matures very fast

Best Way to grow: Wide sagging bush with hundreds of bud sites. Lots of stakes and string

Harvest Window: 50-55 days

Sativa/ Indica: 80/20

Hybrid: Genius X P75 X Romulan X Cindy99

High type: heart racing, energizing, confusing, stoned, ripped curled under, stupidity

Smells like Mango Snapple with lemon/ Taste like sweetened lemonade.

Very unique Cindy like plant with a bizarre twist, very potent"

51 Likes

Seal of approval

5 Likes

Sounds like an adult portion. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes