Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 1)

Hey brother @Heritagefarms, I saw you were looking for chocolate thai and I have a few chocolate thai crosses nothing pure though, I thought maybe you might be interested in them… I saw you said you had some african landraces and that is what I am looking for. I have chocolate thai X candy Cream , coc. thai X Denali (strain with CBG) , power africa X choc. thai…

5 Likes

@pookie123 I apreciate the offer but I have a few packs of darwohs choc thai on there way. I have several crosses myself but was looking for the pure thing ,which I’ve found. I do have several african landraces but not enough to trade untill I repopulate them. I might have some extra Malawi and transkei if a package I’m waiting for arrives but it’s been at the Johannesburg transfer station for two weeks so maybe some day they will send it
Also on a side note what exactly is it about the african lines that has you wanting to grow them, they can twice as long as normal hybrids some up to 24 weeks. When you dealing with 5 plus months of flower most places north of the equator wont allow for them to finish. Also it would be very costly to flower for that long indoors and the stretch is almost uncontrollable. There are alot of african hybrids available that have considerably shorter flowering times and retain many of the qualities of a african sativa. By all means I encourage the growing of pure landraces but try to advise people of the work involved with pure landrace sativas
I saw some people grow a Malawi x chocolate hashberry few years back and it still took 16 weeks but was amazing.

4 Likes

Just to let you know, my package from Johannesburg took 5 months, but I finally got it. It takes a while.

As to why folks are so interested, I would think most are like me. It is something different, something original, rather than the multicrossed stuff that is out there. I saw a lineage chart for a strain I was looking for and it had, between mom and pop, 38 different strains. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to get the perfect genetic combination you are looking for, but it is also nice to grow something that isn’t anything but itself. For me it would be Transkei and Malawi, or Colombian Gold, original Maui, or Afghani Kush straight from the hills of Afghanistan.

That being said… I wouldn’t mind getting some of those Malawi when you breed them :smile:

4 Likes

OK then… I live around 30deg north lat. so I will be ok with finishing…Yes there are some phenos of the african lines that can go 20+ weeks but there are many that you can find that are 12-15 weeks

4 Likes

Hello, maybe someone know where i can get good quality Gelato strain feminized seeds? I never bought seeds online, so i dont know what i can trust.

3 Likes

@Kingtut Trust has become alot more of an issue in the seed industry then it ever was before. Now that the risk to profit ratio has become better alot of people are in it just for the money and could care less about the qaulity of the product they provide. I’m not aware of the cookies family releasing gelato in seed form so any that you get would have to either be crosses or feminized seed from a selfed clone. I would do some research on who you decide to go threw ,there is a good seedbanks who to trust thread here on og

3 Likes

2 Likes

If you wait u can get that very cheap.

4 Likes

How so? Hilarious that it comes in a puck lol

2 Likes

I had 2.0. They go on sale a lot. Growing out 2.0 now

8 Likes

If anyone is intreaststed in trading breeders pks. I have an unopened 10pk of tga’s qurkle or timewreck, from Colorado based co. Happy man seeds. (These two are from bulk order from seedsman). I’m a hash plant, Afghan, kinda guy…but I like everything😁, but I’m willing to part with one to give something else a shot.

3 Likes

They’ll almost certainly have a site-wide 50% off sale for 4/20. Be ready!

4 Likes

have a pack of Pebble Pusher by Greenpoint Seeds if anybody is interested in trading :grin:

5 Likes

Does anyone have Galactic Glue from Alphakronik Genes? It is GG#4 X Gobbstopper. I tried it a few times and loved it, but never had any access to any clones or seeds of it before it wasnt for sale anymore.

I’m up for a trade if someone can point me in the right direction.

TY

2 Likes

@beacher

42% off everything from today till the 22nd.

Got me some Erdpurt and Blueberry.

7 Likes

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Looking to trade for some feminized beaners.

A ‘bud’ of mine is getting back into growing now that it’s legal :maple_leaf: He’s dead set on trying feminized seeds tho, which I don’t have.

I have some 2018 crosses to trade if anyone is interested.

9 Likes

I have some feminized indicas I’d trade you. I have 3 crosses with Dakini Kush (Afghani Kush x Pre98 Bubba).

Black Domina x DK
Lowland Afghani x DK
Deep Chunk x DK

Don’t have any pics from flowering just yet, but I have pictures up in my Afghaniganza thread, and @PoppaPuff has some pictures going in his grow log as well.

Also another friend is growing the DC x DK… And it looks BEASTLY. I’m going to check with him and see if he’s ok with me posting the picture he sent me.

6 Likes

Thanks, I’ll PM ya :+1: :smile:

4 Likes

Hi,

I have an unopened pack of Pine Tar Kush. I forget the supplier, but remember the envelope was printed in red and maybe has a skull and crossbones depicted. But to be certain I would have to dig them out.

What do you have to trade?

lomota

6 Likes